A literate roleplay that gives you the chance to enter life as a half-blood, satyr, or dryad and train to fight monsters and defeat Kronus.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Koala

PostSubject: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 5:01 pm

Mere sat on the top bunk of a vacant bunk bed, black ear buds in her ears. Her long brown hair was tied up in a ponytail with the end dyed red, her mischievous blue eyes gazing down at her black Nintendo DSi. Small black ear buds were placed in her ears, connected to her iPod Touch. You could hear the faint hum of rock music coming from the iPod, she didn't care if it burst her eardrums. Her fingers were occupied holding her stylus and tapping away at the screen. Many Zeus kids came in and out, not noticing that the daughter of Hebe was inside their cabin. But of course, how would they know? She looked and acted a whole lot like a Zeus kid, despite her eternal youth.

"I can't get this level..." She groaned under he breath, about ready to chuck her game system out the window. She tapped and tapped and tapped... Finally, she sighed and turned off the game system. If she did chuck her game system out the window, she would have to use up all her drachmas to pay for repairs.

Meredith "Mere" Miller | Genevieve "V" Larson
Daughter of Hebe (16)|Daughter of Zeus (15)

(Click HERE for charrie profiles)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 5:37 pm

"Ello." I said poking my head into the Zeus cabin. I wondered what the girl in here was doing in here since it was kinda obvious she wasn't a Zeus child.
"Whatcha doin' in here?" I asked stepping in. My shirt said Nike on it and my Aeropostale jeans were low in the back. My Nike high-tops were untied and the laces were tucked into the shoe. The belt I had on was buckled and hanging off the side of my dark-wash jeans. My blondish hair was messy. Like I fell aslepp. Almost.
I waited patiently for her response. A smile playing on my lips with a raised eyebrow.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 5:51 pm

Mere jumped a bit, staring at the boy. Blonde, british... Muse child? She glared at him, jumping off the bed and walking over to him. What was he doing here? That kid didn't act nor look like a Zeus child! "What exactly are you doing here?" Mere scowled, crossing her tan arms and glaring at him. It's amazing how Muse children have such a high annoyance level. Muses themselves are all prissy, exept Melpomene. Mere's shirt was a white long sleeve shirt with a grey bulldog in a hat on it along with black skinny jeans with a cute belt. On her feet, she had red snowflake and polka dot slippers with fuzzy white trim. She was casual, yet stylish. As she waited for an answer, she noticed the boy towered high above her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 6:06 pm

"I could ask you the same thing, little love." I said smiling. I patted her head. I noticed her cute, childlike appearance and wondered whether or not she was a daughter of perhaps...Aphrodite?
Any child with a good sense of style here must have been some kind of daughter of a fashion goddess. I snorted at the thought of other fashion goddesses.
As if Aphrodite wasn't bad enough. I put a hand up to my mouth and bit down hard on my thumbnail. I nervously looked around for fear of being caught in here. What if it was a really bad idea for me to be in here univited?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 6:13 pm

I had noticed a small girl hanging around a vacant bunk when I had stopped by my cabin earlier to grab my sweatshirt, so I decided of my own accord to check back in on her. Surprisingly enough, none of my step brothers or step sisters had made note of her or even acknowledged that the small girl was there, which was strange.

However, me, being the even more crazily ADHD teen that I was, noticed her almost immediately when I had walked in. Anyway, I decided to see what she was up to. And why the heck she was sitting in our cabin.

I swung the door of my cabin wide open, bringing in a rush of a cold breeze which spread throughout the cabin. I sighed, annoyed, I wasn't much of a fan for the cold, but I loved those snow. I hated these stupid conflicting thoughts, and yet a small, soft chuckle escaped from my lips, laughing at myself.

I approached the small girl, my electrifyingly blue eyes locked on her. I was anticipating her reaction, and blue sparks flew off of my fingertips and hair, giving me a strange glowing blue-ish aura which engulfed my every step and movement. Not to attract too much attention to myself, I quickly tried to diminish the sparks

My blonde hair in the light caught a strange blue tinge to it as I walked toward the small girl. I hoped I didn't look intimidating -- I definitely didn't want to frighten the poor girl. But she was in my cabin, and that was a definite no no. My eyes dimmed down their brightness as I finally reached the bunk in which she was seated so precariously on.

I crouched down so that I was eye level with her, my long legs scrunched up into a ball and my now seemingly warm blue eyes settling on her. I noticed another boy, almost my height, standing by her. I narrowed my eyes; he didn't seem like a child of Zeus either.

"Hey, both of you." I began, my voice louder than it needed to be. I cursed in my head, and slowly toned down my voice until it was a gentle whisper. "What are you doing in the Zeus cabin?" I questioned, my eyes shining with curiosity.

Carson Cloud, Son of Zeus - Tyler Blazing, Son of Hephaestus - Jonah Stevens, Son of Aphrodite - Cody Perennial, Son of Demeter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 6:23 pm

~Show off...xD
"Well...I can to ask for some help?" I asked shifting my weight to one foot. I looked the boy up and down. Sizing him up. Almost.
His eyes were slightly unerving. The way they were bright blue. Then dimmed down on their own. Creepy. I wondered what my wonderful brother was up to?
Probably taking care of girlfriend-y stuff. I snorted quietly. I reached down and pulled up my pants a little. I had a horrible feeling a few Hephaestus kids were gonna sing Pants On The Ground to me again. My pants weren't that low! Just low enough to see a little boxers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 6:35 pm

~Man, I just posted but somehow it doesn't show up. I'm going to shorten it up to REALLY little, so I don't have to type it all up again. -.- Now just imagine it more detailed than this.

I approach the tall boy who just entered and poke him in the chest. "Who said I couldn't be here?" I mutter, turning to the boy I talked to earlier. "And YOU, Muse kid, I'm 6 and I've been 6 for 10 years. Imagine having to be stuck in 1st grade and forced to use KINDERGARDEN scissors for my whole life! Bloody hell, does anybody care about others anymore?" I groan, staring at my slippers and crossing my arms, my eyes getting stingy and wet. I would be able to grow up if my mother wasn't Hebe!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 6:44 pm

I cocked my head and gave her a terribley confused look. "I'm sorry, so wait your 16?" I asked slightly hopeful.
Hey, if she was really 16...no, that would be considered perverted. I rolled my eyes. I'd have to ask Wesley on that one. Seriously though.
"Wait, they refrained you from using sharp tipped scissors?" I asked with disbelief in my icy green eyes. I looked from boy to girl and back again. Was I missing something? It wasn't possible...she couldn't be 16. Then again I was a blonde. I could've misheard something again.
~Post phail...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 6:54 pm

~ Oh my god. BAD BLONDE JOKE. >:O xD

My startling blue eyes narrowed, locked on the seemingly small girl. Daughter of Hebe. That's... well, annoying. How am I supposed to be angry at her for entering the cabin if she looks so small and innocent. I quickly jabbed myself with my finger in my back, unnoticeably, to get an electric current running through myself. What was I thinking? She just hell, and she's 6 for crying out loud. I mean yeah, I could guess bad parenting but I seriously doubted that. This girl, or... teen, was definitely not to be thought of as cute. The mere thought now sent a shudder through my body. Yeah, no, definitely not cute. More like creepy. Way. Creepy.

"I don't know about you, but right now, I'm saying that you can't be here." My voice filled with power; thunder rumbled outside, and from the corner of my eye through a small window, and noticed dark clouds gathering outside.

I tore my eyes from the girl and settled them on the other guy.
"Reasonable excuse, I guess." I said reluctantly. "What you want to ask me, then?" I decided to lighten up on this guy, he didn't seem much of an annoyance; just a little on the dull side. Then again, maybe he was just having an off day. I changed my attitude towards the guy, my hard face breaking and a warm smile tugging at the corner of my lips, my eyes shining with a strange warmth.

"What's your name?" I inquired, nodding towards the guy. "Oh, and excuse my bipolar-ness." I chuckled softly, my eyes averting to the girl again, narrowing, then darting back to the boy.

Carson Cloud, Son of Zeus - Tyler Blazing, Son of Hephaestus - Jonah Stevens, Son of Aphrodite - Cody Perennial, Son of Demeter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 7:06 pm

~IT DID IT AGAIN!!!

I cross my arms and give a blank stare at Carson. This guy wanted power, haha. I love it when people do that, being little is so cool sometimes. At least you have an excuse for using the little flaps on juice boxes. I loved the way people are always nice to me because they're afraid I'll cry. Of course, I could cry right now, but I wouldn't want to give up on this fight! "And who exactly put you in charge?" I laugh, looking up at him. "And if it helps you at all, Muse kid, I'm a daughter of Hebe and I was cursed when I was six 10 years ago."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 7:37 pm

"I think I'll be going." I said blinking. I cursed quietly remembering I had to write a song anyway. I quietly slipped out of the tense Ozone-y smelling, thundering cabin. I walked quickly through the courtyard and to my own cabin.

Well, Hera cabin anyway. Hera was letting demigods stay in it until the other cabins were finished. I wondered how long it would be until the goddess got pissed off enough to kick us out. Probably not long. I slipped inside and grabbed a No. 2 pencil off the side table and a tuner and a pad of paper.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 7:46 pm

I stare at him, who left abruptly and I call out after him. I run and I dodge tree stumps and I jump over streams. "There is a way to break the spell!" I shout, panting and looking up at him who was sitting on the bunk below mine. I stare and I give him those cute 6 year old eyes I had, hoping he would like hearing it. There was a way, only if she fell in love with a boy during a half or full moon.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 8:14 pm

[size=10] [center] ~Continue in Hera Cabin?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 8:15 pm

"How can I help?" I asked gently looking into her eyes. My ice green eyes met hers in the middle. I wondered what possibly could break the spell. I gave a soft chuckle as I thought this scenario was only slightly ironic.
Spell breaking...then again I was a demigod. I had to learn to expect the ironic. Now that was ironic...how can you expect the ironic?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 8:23 pm

I stare at him and stand on my tip toes to reach his ear. I cup my hands over his ear and I look around nervously. "You have to fall in love with a boy during a half or full moon..." I whisper, stepping away and crawling up the ladder to my top bunk. I doubt there was another 6 year old here, I could arrange a blind date with a blind guy? I can easily change my voice to be deeper with help from the Hecate kids.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 8:28 pm

"Err...what? I'm not...I don't play for that team..." I said awkwardly leaning my weight on my right leg. Did I really look...gay? No...I was straight. No, AM.
I tried not to look terribley confused and hurt and upset as I pulled up a chair and sat down thinking hard. I stared at the ground, "So wait, you have to fall in love with a guy? Or I do?"
I inhaled deeply. I couldn't fall in love with a guy...heck. I like a girl right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 8:36 pm

~Mere is a girl.

I laugh a bit and lay down on my bunk, sticking some stickers on the ceiling above my bed. "I do. " I mutter, taking out my dyed ponytail holder and throwing it down on my duffel bag below. Seriously, who asks those kind of questions? I swear that guy is related to Aphrodite, somehow! Either that, or he has very, VERY small smarticles.
I peek over the bed railing to see the boy thinking and staring at the ground. He's like my dog I had at home. Only knows simple things and is very, er... Un-intelligent.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 8:43 pm

"Oh!" I said relieved. 'Yeah I don't think I could fall in love with a guy anyway, love." I said quietly. I wondered what she was thinking at the moment. "So who are ya gonna fall in love with?" As soon as the question was out I immediatley wanted to take it back, "I mean...who do you like? Er...do you like anyone?"
Gosh, I had never made a fool of myself like this before. I mean one time when I was thirteen I fell out of tree trying to put my arm around a girl I liked back in England. Yeah, it didn't work. Wesley had laughed so hard. So I slapped him. He rubbed his cheek and said, 'That hurt.' And they he punched me in the stomach. But I had a broken wrist so I couldn't hit him too hard.
Anyway...I anticipated what her answer might be.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 8:55 pm

I shrugged a bit and I looked down at my slippers which were placed at the bottom of the ladder. There was a boy who I liked back in kindergarden, his name was Jacob and he was cute... To be honest, I just got here. I don't know anybody except that Zeus kid and this guy. "Oh, uh. I never asked your name. I'm Meredith, call me Mere, daughter of Hebe." I blurt out, desperatly trying to change the subject.

~Post phail, I got to go eat dinner now. We have ham!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 9:05 pm

~I gotta go too. My dog just peed on the floor and he's German Shepherd.

"Ello, Mere. I'm Nathaniel O'Neil. Call me Nay. Son of Euterpe, Muse of Music." I said in a sing-song English voice. I picked at my phailing nailbeds-yes I knew about nailbeds- and bit down on my pinky nail.

I needed to stop biting my nails, really. It was starting to get painful after a while. It was a terrible habit that needed to be broken. I picked it up from a girl in Drama camp. I looked at my now bleeding nail. I bit it again and then tore off the nail.

I sucked in a breath of air..."Ssss...that hurt."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 10:55 pm

"Ello, Nay." I giggle, the name humming with my soft British accent. I stared as he bit his nails, short and stubby. I sigh and look at my nails. Long nailbeds and long nails. My teeth never touched my nails once in my life. I stood in silence as he hissed in pain once his nail bled. Not my fault he got hurt, why should I care? ....Hey, it worked! I got him to change the subject! I desperately hope he didn't know I had a crush on a 16 year old. It would be fine if I was in my 16 year old body, but it looks like I'm 6 for gods sake!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 11:09 pm

"You British?" I asked softly looking up from my nail. I looked at her. Her features where that of British. I looked down at my nail again. Terrible. It was ruined.
I stood up and walked over to Wesley's bed and grabbed his guitar. The acoustic one. I ran my hand along the strings before strumming a few chords softly humming a tune. It wasn't my tune. It was something my favorite singer wrote. Katy Perry. The song Firework. It was a pretty song. I sung it directed at Mere. She looked like she needed a pick-me-up.

"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag,
drifting through the wind
wanting to start again?
Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
like a house of cards,
one blow from caving in?

Do you ever feel already buried deep?
6 feet under screams but no one seems to hear a thing
Do you know that there's still a chance for you
'Cause there's a spark in you

You just gotta ignite, the light, and let it shine
Just own the night like the 4th of July

'Cause baby you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y

Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colors burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"
You're gonna leave 'em falling awe-awe-awe

You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

Maybe your reason why all the doors are closed
So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will glow
And when it's time, you'll know

You just gotta ignite, the light, and let it shine
Just own the night like the 4th of July

Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"

Baby, you're a firework
Make 'em go "Oh, Oh, Oh"

Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
It's always been inside of you, you, you
And now it's time to let it through-ough-ough

Make 'em go "Oh, Oh, Oh"

Baby, you're a firework
Make 'em go "Oh, Oh, Oh"

Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon."

My voice rose low and high in just the right spots and I may have added a few trills while I was singing. But I was good so it sounded alright. If only my brother was here, to sing with me. We sounded dynamite together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 11:15 pm

As Nay sung, I started to join in during the middle. My small voice let only a small hum peek through Nay's beautiful voice. I smiled and climbed back up onto my bunk, swinging upside down and my long hair fall into Nay's face. Laughing, I peeked around the corner and found the other campers coming back from Dinner. I didn't care about dinner, I already ate earlier.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 11:35 pm

[size-10]I blew away the hair now swinging in my face and laughed. "You know what's ironic?" I asked not waiting for an answer. "I have a soprano voice. A natural soprano voice too. Not like Justine Beiber's...where it's all fixed. Mine's real."
I plucked a random note. "Soo...who's your favorite composer?" I looked around the Hera cabin at the pictures of random celebrities and photo albums of families and pets and boyfriends and girlfriends and whatnot. There was a ton of junk hanging around here.[/size]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   Tue 23 Nov 2010, 11:41 pm

I look at him and I stare, obviously confused. "You mean, like, Beethoven?" I ask him, eager to say my favorite band. I meet his eyes, feeling relaxed. As my muscles relaxed, I forgot I was hanging upside down from my feet and I plummeted down from the bunk, landing crumpled in a nearby beanbag. My face turning bright red, I awkwardly get up from the fall and I fix my hair, half smiling (like Finn's from Glee) and laughing nervously. "I meant to do that!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?   

Back to top Go down

Who said I couldn't live HERE for a while?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next