A literate roleplay that gives you the chance to enter life as a half-blood, satyr, or dryad and train to fight monsters and defeat Kronus.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

"The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Fri 26 Nov 2010, 1:32 pm

~Lovely. xD I almost burned down my mom's expensive apartment when I was eight. Going through my pyro stage.
"Good gods." I muttered, "Can we land this thing soon?" I practically begged. I laughed when she finished her scorpian story. Now that she told me a part of her past, I figured I had to say something about mine.
"Well, when I was eight and my father was performing a charity concert I leaped up onstage with my brother and started terrorizing the band mates. It was so much fun. We ran around in duck costumes acting like raptors and chasing the bassist around the stage. When dad found about it, Wesley and I were grounded for three months. It was worth it though. Margaret let us have fun during our groundings though, she taught us how to shoot bows. Archery. She told us we might need this one day." I said smiling just thinking about Margaret. I wondered if she had ever quit that horrible job of being my father's servant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Fri 26 Nov 2010, 7:47 pm

Stephanie shook her head when he asked if we could land. "We've barely gone anywhere...no. We've still got about five hours to go," she said, looking up at the sky. Without waiting for a response she looked over at Terrian. "You'll catch me if I fall, right?" she asked. Terrian gave a nod and Stephanie grinned. Slowly making her way up to the top of the dragon's large head she stood up right and spread out her arms as though she was actually flying. Glancing over at shoulder at Nay she smiled. "It seems like you really think of Margaret as your real mom," she pointed out before turning her gaze forward again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camphalfblood2.forumotion.com
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Fri 26 Nov 2010, 10:55 pm

"Gods what the hello are you doing?" I shrieked. I threw my hands into the air for emphasis. "Are you nuts?! Get down from there!" I hissed. Actually come to think of it, it looked like fun. "And yes I do think of Margaret as my real mum. It helps ease the pain. Y'know?" I swung my legs over the side and wondered briefly what it felt like to freefall. A dark thought hit my mind. Where would I go if I commited suicide? Would I end up in the Fields of Punishment, like Christians said you'd go to hell if you commited suicide? I looked up at the sky. I looked at Stephanie, so peaceful and pretty in the wind. Nah, death wasn't an option. Then again, I had made a bucket list, after I saw the movie, The Bucket List. And freefalling with no parachutes was on the list. So I took a deep breath and before I could talk myself out of it, I slid off the dragon and into the air. I let gravity take over from there.
~He had an ADHD spazz attack. xD -smiles sheepishly-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Fri 26 Nov 2010, 11:00 pm

Stephanie turned to speak to Nay but say he was gone. Her eyes widened with fear and she jumped off of Terrian's head and onto his back. "Go get him!" she demanded. Terrian let out a growl and a puff of smoke. "Yes! Right now!" Stephanie bellowed. Without asking again, Terrian swooped down with Stephanie hanging on for dear life. Terrian flew underneath where Nay would land and Stephanie hoped he'd land safely on the dragon's back. "Are you insane?!" she snapped but her voice was drowned out by the whipping winds. HEr brown hair was blown this way and that in the strong gusts of air and at this moment, Stephanie wished she could fly so shoe could go out and get him herself. Her heart was racing and it felt as though she was about to explode out of pure terror.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Fri 26 Nov 2010, 11:12 pm

I landed safely on Terrian with a thud. That was going to hurt tomorow. "WHAT A RUSH!" I exclaimed throwing up my hands for emphasis. I saw her pure look of terror. "Love, I'm sorry. I had an ADHD spaz attack." Her hair looked windblown and she had a crazy look in her eyes like, almost like, she almost just lost me or something deep like that. I reached out my arms and wrapped them around her neck. "Sorry." I apologized smoothing down her wild her. I looked over her shoulder at the green, very irritated dragon. "Sorry to you too, mate."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Fri 26 Nov 2010, 11:39 pm

Stephanie clenched her fist and socked Nay in the jaw, stomping off to sit at the base of Terrian's neck. "Don't ever do that....EVER!" she snapped, wrapping her arms around her knees. Terrian glanced back at Stephanie, letting out a soft whine. THe dragon knew why Stephanie was sensitive about topics like this. Thoughts raced through Stephanie's mind, swirling, never ending...her brain was always running...she never had a break. But she wished she did. 'I wish I was stupid and oblivious..' she thought bitterly. However, that sadly wasn't the case. She remained intelligent with a constantly spinning mind and a never ending thought process. How wonderful it would be if she could let her mind go blank... However, she did not have that luxury...
Back to top Go down
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Fri 26 Nov 2010, 11:56 pm

Bam. Literally. I feel back on my back. "Bloody...mother of my mother's mother...love, you got an arm. You should play baseball." I moved my jaw around. I rubbed it with my hand. "If you're mad at me for doing that, don't you think it'd be easier if you told me why?" I asked gently crawly up to her. I wonder if she has a mirror...Focus! I thought. I was terribley jealous of her right now. Why? I had no idea. Maybe because, she was beautiful and intelligent. And I was opposite of those things. I was thinking like a girl right now. But, I'm terribley self-conscience. And plus, no girl has ever hit me that hard before. Which made me like her even more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sat 27 Nov 2010, 12:10 am

Stephanie kept her gaze averted from his. Should she tell him? The subject wasn't exactly something she liked to talk about. Letting out a sigh, Stephanie turned her sad eyes to face Nay. "About three years ago...my best friend Cody went sky diving. He was so excited to go because he was an idiot dare devil... I loved him, but it was the most idiotic thing he'd ever done. I was waiting in the general are of where we was going to land and then it happened. His parachute didn't open or something and he..." her voice trailed away as she tried to swallow the lump that had formed in her throat. "He died instantly from the impact...and he was right in front of me. There was blood everywhere...his body was mangled. You don't know what it's like...whitnessing a death like that," she finished, wiping the tears from her face. "Please...don't do that again. I can't have someone else die in front of me...I just can't," she said, resting her forehead on her knees.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sat 27 Nov 2010, 12:17 am

Awestruck, I scooted up closer to her. "Oh, love, why didn't you tell me? I wouldn't have jumped." I said quietly. "It's not everyday someone dies in front of you. Why I had a friend, she lived in LA. Living in the most dangerous city ever I think. She watched thirteen friends die in a gang shooting. Terrible. Nothing compared to what you went through, but honestly. You went through worse, because she's not even a demigod." I said. I looked over at her. She had her head on her knees. I wondered if she liked me. Stupid! Shut up! She just poured her heart out to you and that's all you can think about. At that moment I was ready to take a razor-blade and stabbed my leg. Just to punish myself for thinking that.
~He does this kind of thing alot...he's self-destructing. He'll hurt himself to save others...Poor boy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sat 27 Nov 2010, 12:34 am

Stephanie looked up at Nay. "Just...please don't do anything like that again. I don't want anyone else to get hurt.." she said, turning her gaze forward again. "I really miss him...Cody wasn't just my best friend. We'd been dating for three years. I didn't realize I was in love with him until he was gone. I block those feelings out...he had to basically scream at me that he liked me for me to realize I liked him too. And then he was gone...before I put enough thought in it to realize what love is and what it feels like..." she mumbled. She leaned her head on Nay's shoulder and let out a sad sigh. Terrian let out a huff and Stephanie shook her head. "No...I'm fine..." she told the dragon. Her silvery gaze flickered up to Nay and she gently touched the spot on his jaw where she had punched him. "Sorry if I hurt you...I should have controlled my temper. I tend to have a hard time with that..." she said in an apologetic voice.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sat 27 Nov 2010, 1:19 am

Instictively, I scooted away. She still loved him, I could just tell. "Ahh...it's no worries. It'll bruise over soon." I mumbled turning away. Grumbling a few lyrics about death I pulled out a pen and my mini composition notebook. I scribbled a few lyrics down about loss in ancient greek.
The death of a sixteen year old,
His girlfriend shed tears,
But the body was cold,
Loss Unbearable, Loss Irrepearable.

She felt all had lost hope,
It wasn't her fault,
'I watched him die before my own eyes! '

'I should have...done something'
'You could have done nothing
'I should'nt have given up! '

'It wasn't your fault'
'I feel terrible'
' No you shouldn't'

'No! It's not your fault! ',
Said her friend,
Who lay dead in the air,
I pushed it towards her looked away.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sat 27 Nov 2010, 1:39 am

Stephanie watched with slight curiosity as Nay scribbled quickly with his pencil. Her eyes followed as the notebook was pushed towards her. Hesitating a moment, she picked up the book. As she read the lines he had written so quickly, she smiled faintly. "You wrote this just now? That's amazing," she said, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. Stephanie read the words once more before she handed him the notebook. Stephanie leaned back on her hands, listening to the steady beating of Terrian's wings. "Mind if I tell you something?" she asked. Without waiting for a response, she contined. "I think I'll always love Cody...but do you think that will prevent me from ever having a future relationship?" she asked, turning her gaze to his. Like any girl, she wanted the whole story. A handsome man who swept you off your feet and whisked you away to amazing places. An exciting yet comforting relationship, a beautiful wedding that would eventually lead to a family. It was all simple enough...but to truly get a happy ending was more conplicated than Stephanie had anticiated.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sat 27 Nov 2010, 3:25 pm

I thought for a moment while she read. "Thanks." I said bashfully. She read it once more and handed it back to me. I took it from her and shoved it in my back pocket. Her relationship question surprised me, what was? An Aphrodite boy? No, but I was sensitive. "Well...you can still love him. But you live in the present, love. The past was yesterday. The present is today. So to speak normally, I don't think it's gonna prevent you from having future relationships. Well, just don't forget. Never forget. But don't let that refrain you from other guys. Cody would probably want you to be happy. Keep him in your heart. There's other room in there for a handsome prince on a white horse." I said as a smile flitted over my lips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sat 27 Nov 2010, 9:52 pm

Stephanie listened intently as Nay spoke, slowly nodding her head. He was right, but would that be the case? Stephanie rested her chin on her knees and pursed her lips. She did this quite often and it showed that she was deep in thought. Slowly, a smiled crept across her face and she lifted her head. 'I suppose he's right..' she thought rather joyously. She turned to Nay, giving him a kiss on the cheek. She smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Thank you, Nay..." she said. Without waiting for a response she climbed up Terrian's neck and sat atop his head. They were nearing England now. 'Not much farther..' she thought with a wide and relieved smile.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sat 27 Nov 2010, 9:59 pm

I mumbled something unintelligently about how girls were freakin' confusing and climbed back by his tail. I sat and merely rubbed my cheek. With happiness of course. Ugh. She talks to me about her problems, she kisses my cheek with a, 'Thank you, Nay', and she walks away. She's not like other girls. Why? I had no idea. She was as confusing as a rubix cube, which were horribley confusing. They hurt my brain. Much like Stephanie. I layed down and closed my eyes. I let out an audible groan then slapped my hand over my mouth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sat 27 Nov 2010, 10:08 pm

Terrian landed about two miles outside of Cambridge to keep suspicion low. Even with the Mist, a dragon was hard to hide. Stephanie jumped off and smiled, looking up at the large dragon. "We'll need a ride back. I've got your summoning device...I'll let you know," she said before turned towards the direction of town. "We'll walk the rest of the way," she said, looking over at Nay. "Come on!" she exclaimed before she burst off into a rather astonishingly fast run. She had always been rather athletic, when she wasn't falling over her own two feet. As if on cue, Stephanie lost her footing and went tumbling forward with a loud THUD. "Ack!" she exclaimed.
Stephanie brushed the dirt and leaves off of herself and let out a sheepish laugh. "I'm okay," she said, slowly nodding her head. Little did she know, she still had a leaf in her hair.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sat 27 Nov 2010, 10:21 pm

"Good god. I need a nap." I said. I watched Terrian fly off. Crap. I'm in my homeland. I just hope I don't see Melanie. I watched Stephanie take off. Gosh. She had an arm and legs. Well, that was a terrible pun but you know what I mean. I smiled and laughed when she hit the ground. I jogged over to her and started laughing at the leaf in her hair. I gently lifted my hand up and brushed it out. My hand was shaking and I felt a terrible urge to caress her face. I didn't give in. Even though it was tempting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sat 27 Nov 2010, 11:58 pm

Stephanie noticed his hand was shaking and she frowned. "Are you okay?" she asked, gently touching his forehead. "You don't feel like you have a fever..." she mumbled. Frowning she gestured to a nearby farm house, it looked as though it had been abandoned for years. "Why don't we rest first...we can start in the morning.." she suggested with a slightly worried look on her face. Her hand was still gently cupping his face before he let it drop back to her side. Stephanie had always been oblivious to her feelings... Even though she was supposed to be in touch with them considering who her mother was...
Back to top Go down
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sun 28 Nov 2010, 9:21 pm

"Sorry." I said blushing a deep and embaressing shade of scarlet. I turned away towards the farmhouse and cursed myself out. Stupid. She has her hand on your face and you, don't have the decency to lean in?! Moron. Again, I wondered whether or not she liked me. She probably didn't. She wasn't like other girls. Which meants she wasn't very emotional. Which was probably the just the thing I needed. I hummed a love-ish soounding song randomly. The tune was completely made up. Something I'd just made up.
"Nathaniel?"
Crap.
"Nathaniel O'Neil?" I turned around slowly only to be attacked by a blur of pink. Melanie. Gods, Aphrodite. It was her fault. Or maybe it was the Fates. Whoever it was. I wanted to slap them.
I patted her back hesitantly.
"Hi, Melanie." I basically forced her name out of my mouth.
"Oh my god! It's been so long!" She squealed pulling away. She noticed Stephanie and glared. "Who's that?" As if Melanie was actually jealous. Well, she did get jealous alot. Espescially when we were dating.
Oh gods, it was horrible. That's the reason I dumped her in the first place. I was so deep in thought that I almost forgot to introduce Stephanie.
"That's Stephanie, my...friend."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sun 28 Nov 2010, 9:43 pm

Stephanie let out a friendly smile, completely aware of the girl's obvious dislike for her. However,s he found that acting like a fool in these situations was always her best bet. "Stephanie Thiuesch. And it's a pleasure to meet you," she said, tilting her head with an obviously fake grin. "That's quite a bit of pink you're wearing...was it on purpose or were you attacked by a large vat of toxic waste and this is just how you ended up looking?" she asked in a purely pleasant tone. She had always been able to be quite hurtful when she needed to, she just hated doing so. Gesturing over to Nay, Stephanie smiled. "We actually came here looking for someone. Did you possibly know Margaret? Nay's mother?" she asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sun 28 Nov 2010, 10:48 pm

I stifled a smile as I turned to look at Stephanie.
"First off, I did not fall into a toxic waste thingie, and secondly, no." Melanie scrunched her nose up. Then she smiled, sweetly at me and leaned in to kiss me. I tried to turn my head, but she grabbed my chin and yanked my head forward. She had an iron grip.
I cracked an eye open to shoot Stephanie a 'help-me-or-kill-me-quickly' look. I dearly hoped she got the message, because now fortunately Melanie let go and wiped her mouth. I shuddered and held a finger up to excuse myself. "Excuse me while I go retch." I waited for Stephanie's reaction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colby

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sun 28 Nov 2010, 11:25 pm

The Bucket List was awesome... I like the part where he's like the jungel cat's poop gives the coffiee it's taste and smell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Sun 28 Nov 2010, 11:38 pm

Stephanie felt something in her break a bit as she saw Melinda kiss him, but she didn't let it show. 'Wonder why...' she thought curiously. Hearing Nay's comment she snickered, covering her mouth to hide her wide grin. Glancing over at Melinda she patted her shoulder. "Sorry about there there, Melinda....maybe that toxic waste is contagious," she pointed out before she took a step back. "Now...thanks for your lack of help and we were just about to get some rest. Long flight here," she explained.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Mon 29 Nov 2010, 4:27 pm

Melanie glared and looked as she were about to do something rash. That's when I snapped, "Go!" I shouted at her. My anger took over. My temper broke. Rarely would that happen. Heck, my temper ran in the family. Wesley's temper tantrums were really rare. "Get out of here. This is the reason I dumped you. Because your a control freak and you get jealous." I practically growled. Unable to control myself I drew my dagger. She could see through the Mist unfortunately, which I forgot about. "Oh, don't you threaten me, Nathaniel. I know you would never stab me." My hand shook as I hissed, "Leave unscathed or be sent away blood-covered." I think that got her to leave. She glared and then sauntered away. "Ugh!" I exclaimed stomring away to the nearest tree. Letting my anger out I started beating the tree, with my fists. After about fourteen assaults I turned around and slid down the trunk and covered my face with my hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   Mon 29 Nov 2010, 5:14 pm

Stephanie cringed each time Nay punched the tree, wincing a bit at the sound of each blow. SHe watched as he sank to the ground, waiting in silence for a few long moments. She patted her thighs like a drum in boredom, using the sounds as a way to break the silence. "She's a gem...really. It's amazing you..uh...let her go," she said. It was obvious she was being sarcastic, but her voice was awkwardly serious. Clearing her throat, she strolled over. Stephanie squatted down beside him, hesitating a moment before she patted his shoulder. She opened her mouth to speak before abruptly closing it again when she found she had nothing to say. "I'll go...see if that barn is safe," she said, biting her lip as she rose to her feet.
Stephanie strolled off towards the abandoned building. The walls were a dull shade of gray with bits of paled red apint here and there. The sides her decaying and there were holes in the walls from its years without care. Stephanie stepped inside, hearing the door creak its objections as it was moved. Bits of dust floated in the air and the building smelled musty, but it would do. She looked up, seeing the large hole in the ceiling. She smiled faintly, knowing she'd be able o look at the stars. The dull light of the moon illuminated the inside, casting eerie shadows upon the decaying walls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   

Back to top Go down

"The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next