A literate roleplay that gives you the chance to enter life as a half-blood, satyr, or dryad and train to fight monsters and defeat Kronus.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Practicing Skills. {Carter} Open to Anyone

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colby

PostSubject: Practicing Skills. {Carter} Open to Anyone   Fri 26 Nov 2010, 1:30 pm

Carter stepped on the large strange, checking to make sure there was nobody in the Amphitheater with him. Seeing there were none he sighed in relief. Carter had to practice his skills with lighting, which so far were kinda crapey. Carter rolled his left wrist and did a whip like motion, causing a flash of pale yellow to shoot out without control, His heart rushed, scared it may hit something, he bit his lip trying to control it, the lightning ceased and came back to him like an angry snake. He rolled his arms and shoulders in a circle to get the energy to follow. Then biting his lip harder, he felt blood seep in his mouth, but Raleigh didn't stop he stuck out his right arm and the lightning flowed into his body, sending a felling like his muscles were made a fresh rubber bands pulling back but it was painful, Carter grunted with pain and clutched his arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Practicing Skills. {Carter} Open to Anyone   Fri 26 Nov 2010, 9:05 pm

Alyn Owens

Entering the Amphitheatre in a semi-loud way, Alyn rubbed her neck before having a crack of lightning attract her attention. Arching an eyebrow, she watched for a moment as a boy seemingly practised his lightning usage. Weird choice, practising in the Amphitheatre. Wasn't there an entire place called the Arena? Wasn't its very purpose for you to practise things there? Crossing her arms, she noticed that he grasped his arm and furrowing her eyebrows before stepping up - it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but Alyn didn't really care much about what was and wasn't smart.

"You alright there?" She drawled with that southern accent of hers, jutting a hip out without realizing that she was doing so. Most of her actions were out of habit. Biting her lower lip, she looked at the guy expectantly. He looked younger than her, though he was definitely taller. And he was also a Zeus kid. Only Zeus kids controlled lightning. And here, Alyn could only control plants. Ah well, plant controlling was pretty cool sometimes too. Besides, she had some killer cooking skills as well.

Shifting from foot to foot, she placed her hands on her hips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Practicing Skills. {Carter} Open to Anyone   Fri 26 Nov 2010, 10:10 pm

Carter heard someone enter the place. He looked up at the girl who came in. After his arm seem to numb he dropped it, listing to her accent he laughed softly, "Yeah, I guess I'm ok" He awnsered. With a smile, his hair hung in his eyes so he breathed up and pushed it out of his eyes, and with a smile he said, "What brings you here?" Carter rubbed his arm though, the pain was still there and seemed to come back and fade alot.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Practicing Skills. {Carter} Open to Anyone   Sat 27 Nov 2010, 1:44 pm

Alyn Owens

"Right then." She said, evidently not believing him. Brushing her hair back, she tapped her leg before remembering that he had also asked her something and answering in a rushed way. Gee, talk about late response.
"Oh, me? What am I doing here? Weeell," She declared, dragging out the 'E' in 'Well' longer than usual as she fished through her head for a reason. "Not sure." She finished after a bit, looking at him before remembering her manners and extending a hand to him.

"Aw, Da would be real embarrassed if he found out how rude I'm was bein' just 'bout now. Good thing he ain't ever gonna know. Name's Alyn, most call me Al. I'm a daughter of Demeter." She said, grinning lopsidedly and looking at him - eyes glimmering with a faint hint of mischief. Alyn didn't have anything in particular planned, but she assumed that she would soon. She always had something planned sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Practicing Skills. {Carter} Open to Anyone   Sat 27 Nov 2010, 2:04 pm

Carter raised an eyebrow at her accent, it was cute, he admitted to himself, it reminded him of home. Pondering over weather or not, he should just leave she introduced herself, and he smiled, when his hand was half way to hers he remembered and quickly dropped it to his side and rubbed the back of his neck with a disdained face. "I-I’m sorry" He said softly, embarrassed at his slip up he frowned, the overhanging sky seemed to dim, and he shook it off.

Looking back down at her, he smiled, "Sorry. I should at least introduce myself, I’m Cater, but some people call me by my middle name Raleigh. Son of Zeus, but I'm sure a smart girl like you have figured that out" He said with a smile, looking out from behind his bangs his dark brown eyes were softer, and looked a shade of hazel now. The sky brightened again, before anyone could notice hopefully, but some in-tune with nature, might be able to just pin point the change in the sky.

Carter keep his hand behind his back though careful not to offer it, knowing that it might shook her. Since he was bad at controlling his powers, even though they weren't very strong yet, it still might send your hair straight up and eye's popping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Practicing Skills. {Carter} Open to Anyone   Sun 28 Nov 2010, 7:13 pm

Alyn Owens

Looking down at her extended hand and pursing her lips before lowering it, she glanced somewhere else before shifting from her left foot to her right once. Wow, awkward. She hated it when people didn't shake her hand, it just made things unecessarily difficult. Not to mention extremely uncomfortable.
"No, no, it's fine." She said, flapping a hand at him to say that it was alright even though she had no idea what he was talking about. Noting that he kept his hand out of her reach, she frowned and wondered if she had done something that offended him or something.

She wasn't necessarily hurt by his actions, but it had startled her and she wondered if the rules of etiquette had changed somehow. Maybe it was rude now to try and shake someone's hand? Ridiculous. Alyn hated fashion and the constantly changing trends, couldn't society allow them to have some stability in their lives?
"I'm not that smart, I've come to accept it. You've got a nice name though." She said, rolling her eyes at how weird that combination of words sounded.

Last edited by Crispy Bacon on Wed 08 Dec 2010, 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Practicing Skills. {Carter} Open to Anyone   Mon 29 Nov 2010, 12:37 am

Carter felt the awkwardness for not shaking her hand as soon as he did it. He lost all facade of happiness and his expression dropped, He listened to her words carefully. Then smiled at her compliment of his name, he smiled. "Thank you" He said softly. Then after getting really quite, He sat down, "Sorry but I can't shake your hand" He said sounded defeated.

"I should explain, but I can barely control electricity, so I could end up frying you if I were to touch you or it might not do anything, and honestly, You're cute now, but you won't be cute if you were fried" He admitted. He felt shadows roll over him, He looked up and frowned at the thick dark clouds. That just rolled out of nowhere. He tried to ignore it but failed, looking up. "Good thing it want rain in here" He said, frowning slightly. He really hoped it would roll right over the camp, like it normally did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practicing Skills. {Carter} Open to Anyone   

Back to top Go down

Practicing Skills. {Carter} Open to Anyone
Page 1 of 1