A literate roleplay that gives you the chance to enter life as a half-blood, satyr, or dryad and train to fight monsters and defeat Kronus.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Reclaiming Lost Treasures

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colby

PostSubject: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 11:06 am

Juliana had been sitting in the stables, her mind racing as she looked up at the top part of the stables she seen the secound floor where the hay and oats were kept for the horses. She smiled to herself and ventured around the egdes of the barn searching for a way up when it hit her. As in a thick rope hanging from the ceiling to hail hay down, she touched the wall behind it and found the ladder, she climbed up the wall and hid behind a large hay bail and leaned back, she closed her eyes and started to hum, then to whisper, then she plan out sung The House That Bulit Me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 4:08 pm

I stood in a stall cleaning it out. The smell was really overpowering. A small radio in the corner played Who're You When I'm Not Looking. Gosh, did I love that song. Nice voice, nice chords. Whatnot. Suddenly I heard a nice voice singing upstairs in the hay loft. "I love that song." I muttered as I listened. I stepped out of the stall. I listened for a few moments. Wow, that voice was really haunting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 4:34 pm

I walked lightly on my feet to the stables. Unlike most of my siblings, I actually dared to be a bit dangerous. Running my hand through my hair subconsciously - which had turned dirty blonde in the winter light - I jogged over to the pegasus riding gear. I reached into the pocket of my faded jeans, and brought out a list that a demigod of Iris had given me for the safety equipment for riding pegasi. A figure standing outside of a stall caught my attention, and brought my liquid brown eyes away from the list and towards the demigod.

A bright smile flitted across my face before it was wiped clean as a huge gust of wind blew into the stables. Shivering, I jogged over to him. "Hey Grant," I greeted him as soon as I saw his face, my arms folded over my chest for warmth. I heard an amazing melodious voice singing upstairs in the hay loft as I stood by Grant, stock still. Ignoring the stench coming from the stall Grant had been cleaning out, I stumbled towards a ladder which I saw out of the corner of my eye.

Stuffing the list back into my front pocket, I reached out an icy cold hand and grabbed hold of the ladder. Styx, was it cold. The melodious voice caught my attention once more, and I disregarded the bite of the ladder, and started up the ladder.

Peeking from the floor of the second floor of the stables, I saw the source of the singing. A girl. Enchanted slightly, I hopped up onto the ground of the second floor, and swayed along to the song, with my eyes closed harmoniously.

Carson Cloud, Son of Zeus - Tyler Blazing, Son of Hephaestus - Jonah Stevens, Son of Aphrodite - Cody Perennial, Son of Demeter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 5:28 pm

"Yeah, it's cold outside." I said shrugging my flannel jacket closer. I noticed Jonah wasn't really listening or caring to what I said. Pfft. I walked back into the stall listening the thud of my heels and the mix of Bob Marley and the girl singing. A lovely mixture. Not. I snorted. I shut the radio off. I reached up and pulled the string to turn the light off. It shut off with a click. Suddenly, thud. I hit the ground and groaned as I landed in hay. I sneezed and felt around for the door handle. The door swung open without me touching it. Creepy. A very pretty nymph gave me a funny look as she said in a high voice, "Ugh, what's that horrid smell?"
I answered, "That's the smell of horses." She looked disgusted as a grin spread across my face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 5:57 pm

Once J.R started singing, she couldn't help but block out everything around her, so she didn't notice someone had been stomping around underneath her, nor that she was being watched, She was simply aware that words poured out of her mouth. Her voice soft has silk warped around the stables. Once she finished the song she relaxed against the hay bell her eyes still closed. Being as small as she was, her small body seemed to get sucked into the lose fresh hay. She was used to hay, laying in it. If you lived on a farm for all your life you tended to become accustom to it. The silence after J.R's singing was eerie and she started to sing again.

She walks to school with a lunch she packed
Nobody knows what she's holding back;
Wearing the same dress she wore yesterday,
She hides the bruises with the linen and lace;
oh

The teacher wonders but she doesn't ask,
It's hard to see the pain behind the mask;
Bearing the burdon of a secret storm,
Sometimes she wishes she was never born;

Through the wind and the rain,
She stands hard as a stone in a world that she can't rise above;
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

Somebody cries in the middle of the night,
The neighbors hear but they turn out the lights;
A fragile soul caught in the hands of fate,
When morning comes it will be too late.

Concrete Angel

A statue stands in a shaded place,
An angel girl with an upturned face;
Her name is written on a polished rock,
A broken heart that the world forgot.

Concrete Angel

Her voice drited off leaving the note to echo in the stables, not once aware people were aorund her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 6:05 pm

"That's my baby sister!" I announced as I stomped into the stables. I swung my legs up over the pulley system my friend set up so I could come up here and write and sing as I pleased. The singing and music calmed the horses. It really did. Some horses had their heads poked out of the stalls and into the walkway cocking their heads at me. I hit a note real quick and they went back to their eating. I pulled out a small harmonica out of my pocket and played a higher note. I sang after that to show her up, I just enjoyed teasing her lovingly.
"Everybody's laughing in my mind
Rumors spreading 'bout this other guy
Do you do what you did when you
Did with me
Does he love you the way I can
Did you forget all the plans
That you made with me
'cause baby I didn't

That should be me
Holdin' your hand
That should be me
Makin' you laugh
That should be me
This is so sad
That should be me
That should be me
That should be me
Feelin' your kiss
That should be me
Buyin' you gifts
This is so wrong,
I can't go on,
Till you believe that
That should be me

That should be me
Yeah,
You said you needed a little time
For my mistakes
It's funny how you use that time
To have me replaced
But did you think that I wouldn't see you out at the movies
What you doin' to me
You're takin' him where we used to go
Now if you're tryin' to break my heart
It's working 'cause you know that

[Chorus:]
That should be me
Holdin' your hand
That should be me
Makin' you laugh
That should be me
This is so sad
That should be me
That should be me
That should be me
Feelin' your kiss
That should be me
Buyin' you gifts
This is so wrong,
I can't go on,
Till you believe that
That should be me

I need to know, should I fight for love or disarm
It's getting harder to shield
This pain in my heart

[Chorus:]
That should be me
Holdin' your hand
That should be me
Makin' you laugh
That should be me
This is so sad
That should be me
That should be me
That should be me
Feelin' your kiss
That should be me
Buyin' you gifts
This is so wrong,
I can't go on,
Till you believe that
That should be me
Holding your hand
That should be me
The one making you laugh, oh baby
That should be me
(that should be me giving you flowers)
That should be me
Talking for hours that should be me, that should be me
That should be me
Never should've let you go
I never should've let you go
That should be me."

I let the last note drift around me as I sat down next to her. It was creepy how similar Justin's voice was to mine. Of course we were brothers, but y'know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 6:39 pm

J.R felt her face heat slightly that she was being wacthed, when She opened her eyes, but the blush quickly faded as she listened to her brother sing, She laughed.... "Good.... but I've heard much better'' She told her brother. She pulled her small frame out of the hay bundle before she dissappered form the world. "Mine for one" She said with a stright inoccent face. Her soft smile played on her lips
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 8:42 pm

"Pfft." I said snorting. I tusled her hair as she rose from the hay. I sneezed and then blushed and apologized. "Sorry, I forgot to take my pill this morning." I smiled a dazzling smile at her that most girls fell hard for. Most. Well, it took Stephanie quite some time to work but in the end she had kissed me. "You do know that Justin Bieber is our brother right?" I asked. I turned my head towards her as I let a breath out and I saw the puff in the air. Wow, it was really freakishly cold outside. For early December.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 10:45 pm

I laughed at his blushing, when he ruffled my hair it didn't bother me. "Really?" I said rising my eye brows, I wasn't sure what to say other then that. I shook my head lightly and then brought my attention to the guy who was wacthing me not to long ago. "Kid!" I shouted looking at him. I shruged and yawned. Pulling a peice of starw from my dark hair. "What's your name?" I asked looking at the dance guy. I always tried to be formal around people, it's somthing you learn when you're dad's famous, I'm sure Brother Dear knew that, But just because I should be, didn't mean I was.[/color]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sun 05 Dec 2010, 12:02 pm

I chuckled softly. "Kid? C'mon, I'm now, what, two years older than you?" I smiled broadly, running my hand through my dirty blonde hair absentmindedly. "Anyway, I'm Jonah." I said, introducing myself. I stepped forward with my long arm outstretched. "And you are?" I inquired to the girl. It was obvious that she was a daughter of Euterpe. With a voice like that? Yeah. Definitely Euterpe.

My liquid caramel eyes flitted over to a guy who looked my age, and very similar to the girl. I inclined my head towards him. "Hey... Nay, right?" I took a couple long strides towards him. I folded my arms over my chest. Styx, it was cold outside. My hair glinted in the harsh sunlight which streamed through the small window in the wall.

Carson Cloud, Son of Zeus - Tyler Blazing, Son of Hephaestus - Jonah Stevens, Son of Aphrodite - Cody Perennial, Son of Demeter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sun 05 Dec 2010, 2:56 pm

J.R frowned, "I'm J.R" I saidd dismissively. I shook his head once then dropped it, Not finding him to entertaining for my liking. I thought I rememberd Air talking about some weird kid storing insurments in the barn, I stood up with a word and walked over to the shevled, standing on my toes I felt the tops of the shevles, when my hands flitted over something cold I pulled on something. A guitar. When something crawled over my fingers I dropped in the hay with a scream. Then cacthing my breath I flicked it off the guitart and picked it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sun 05 Dec 2010, 3:07 pm

"Yeah, I'm Nay. I'm not going to ask how in the world you knew that...but...then again, alot of people know me." I said softly. It was kind of obvious that Juliana wanted to me to get out of here. So I brushed off my jeans and stood up with a grunt. "Well...I'm gonna get out of here. See you guys later." I gave them a wink as I stepped into the air and let myself drop down to the floor. Yes, I know, it was very impressive. I hit the ground with a dull thud. "Good luck!" I called up to my sister.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sun 05 Dec 2010, 3:36 pm

I waved as he fell down the wall, I thought he tried to show off some. I knew I seemed mean to him, but It was just how I was. I joked and was kinda mean about it, but I didn't think it was mean. "Don't drown in a mud puddle" I turnedback to the guitar I held and carried it over to the haybell. Come to think of it, I didn't feel kinda bad for Nay, everyone knew him or his dad. Alot of people knew my dad also, but you didn't regiozne me. I picked at the guitar, finding my tune I started to play a soft random happy tune that seemed to cheer me up. I heard a few horses neigh, I knew I played some tunes it changed the over-all mood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sun 05 Dec 2010, 3:41 pm

I eyed J.R suspiciously, ruffling my dirty blonde slightly with my hand. "You better not go all psycho on me while we're alone up here." I said, smiling jokingly. I wondered absentmindedly why Nay had left so abruptly, but I dismissed it by a quick shake of my head. I nodded towards the guitar. "Nice set of strings you got there." I commented, a gentle glint in my eye. "You know, I used to be able to play a bit." I told J.R, remembering all of those years where I looked for a hobby to take my mind off of mirrors and the likes.

I walked over towards the shelves and grabbed the second guitar stationed up there. "Who cares if my mom is Aphrodite, I certainly don't." I said, eyeing the guitar with some strange admiration. My mom wouldn't be too happy about me saying that, but for now, I honestly couldn't have cared less. Slipping the strap over my shoulder, I grabbed a spare guitar pick I found lying on the ground. Odd place for the pick to be, but I took it for granted.

Running my nimble fingers throughout the entire guitar, giving off a strange but amazing melodious sound. Must be enchanted, I could never play that well. And I'm not even a son of Apollo or Euterpe.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   Sun 05 Dec 2010, 4:08 pm

I shrugged, "I'm not Pysco, and there not my Guitars. This one's Air's" I said nonchantingly. stumming the guitar into a familar song I smiled starting to sing the duet alone. My voice intune with the guitar singing one of my favorite songs, I was even there when they played it first, Charlie was so fun to hang around.

Reaching for the phone 'cause I can't fight it anymore

And I wonder if I ever cross your mind?
For me it happens all the time

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now
Said I wouldn't call, but I lost all control and I need you now
And I don't know how I can do without
I just need you now...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Lost Treasures   

Back to top Go down