A literate roleplay that gives you the chance to enter life as a half-blood, satyr, or dryad and train to fight monsters and defeat Kronus.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 4:31 pm

The ball room was draped in silver and gold and it shimmered and sparkled from the light of the torches on the marble walls. The ceiling was high, with intricate stained glass windows as a roof. Music was played by the Muses, Euterpe on piano and some of the minor Muses on violins. The columns were wrapped in white cloth, giving them an elegant appearance. The 12 Olympians sat in their own throwns at the far left of the large ball room and stared with some serious faces and some smiling at the campers. It was a rare occasion to see all the Olympians in a slightly relaxed area at this time, especially with the threat of a war upon them. But none the less, here they all sat to greet their children at the Winter Solstice Dance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camphalfblood2.forumotion.com
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 4:55 pm

~ For this post, I'm going to be sticking with Tyler -- I'll move on to different charries as we go along.

Tyler Blazing

Spotting my dad on the far right of all of my uncles and aunts, or distant relatives, or... ugh, I couldn't be bothered with that kind of stuff right now. Smiling broadly, my liquid eyes shining, I jogged towards my dad, halting a few feet in front of him. Hesitation lingered in my eyes as I wondered what to do next. To occupy the idle seconds, I opened and closed my palm behind my back, lighting a soft flame, and then letting it burn to ash.

"Uh, hey... Dad." I managed to get out, the broad smile still dancing across my brightened face. It sounded a bit gruff, which was strange for me, but I guess it goes to show that if you haven't seen your Dad since last year, its a little awkward when you talk to them.

"Hi Son." Hephaestus said gruffly, his shaggy beard catching small flames every few seconds. "How, er, are things going at camp? I hope no danger has come to you... because," He stopped himself, his eyes suddenly looked downcast, as if he had almost exposed something he wasn't supposed to. His eyes flickered to Zeus timidly who was mingling with Carson and his other children.

"Yeah, things are alright at camp. Just the same old, really. Almost got destroyed by a deranged dryad." I told my Dad dryly, a small smile on my face.

"Those blasted creatures." Hephaestus laughed heartily, a blue flame dancing to and fro on his beard. "Wait... what did you do?" Hephaestus suddenly realized that the dryad couldn't have been crazed without me doing something in the first place.

"Oh... er... lets just say a chunk of her home was burnt." I said tentatively, waving it away like it was no big deal. My dad eyed me suspiciously, but settled with that answer.

"Listen son," Hephaestus suddenly whispered anxiously, crouching down so that he was eye level. "Things are brewing, that can put you in grave danger. Be careful... I'll be keeping an eye out, but I have another aspec-" He suddenly broke off there. A bead a sweat running down his face. "Excuse me, son..." My dad muttered quietly before pacing off in the direction of Zeus. Music started playing, courtesy of the Muses, and I went to find Emily to tell her what had happened.

Carson Cloud, Son of Zeus - Tyler Blazing, Son of Hephaestus - Jonah Stevens, Son of Aphrodite - Cody Perennial, Son of Demeter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colby

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 5:32 pm

J.R was standing in the middle of the room, pulling her best friend, Arizona, into the room, Juliana's dark red hair fell loosely into beautiful olive green silk dress, brushing her legs with each pull on Arizona's arm. The blond headed girl didn't want to be seen, or anywhere in the spot light, very consince of herself, she was in light skinny jeans and a jacket over the dress shirt, "I promise, if you don't get you little but out here I’mma throw you off the cloud!" J.R threatened .

Taking her seriously Arizona stopped pulling and noticed many gods and goddesses were here, "There he is.." She said looking at Apollo. Then she turned to Juliana, "Look, it's you mother!" She whispered in her friend's ear, J.R dropped her arm and looked at the women playing the piano. Both girls stood shoulder to shoulder, then they turned around and walked over to the refreshment table. Juliana kept tugging at the light scarf, wondering what would happen.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 6:21 pm

~Gosh, all of my charries on Mt. Olympus, uh oh. Including the daughter of Hades.
"Nice place, y'all got here." Grant announced stepping into the large room. He was wearing a nice cotton suit which matched with a blue tie. The tie really made his eyes pop. Except the only thing that his Aphrodite friends had disagreed with was the ugly cowboy boots and hat. Grant never went anywhere without those things. Those were his signature.
Vinny stepped in from outside shaking snow from his neatly trimmed black hair. He had just escaped with barely his life from the nymphs outside. His eyes were twinkling as he saw his mother looks gorgeous. He nodded at her and he seemed to be radiating happiness. He'd been elected Aphrodite cabin leader. And he looked hot. His silk tie and shirt were matching. His silk white shirt had been color coordinated with the dark blue tie and the black dress pants and the Italian leather shoes on his feet. He rolled his brown eyes at Grant's comment about the nice place. He slid around the demigods and tryed to hide the left side of his face maybe. That's where his three slashes were. His mother was probably embarassed. His nickname hadn't gone unmentioned the moment he had arrived at Mt. Olympus. Little Scarface.
Emily walked in the room, terribley uncomfortable the flats and dress. The dress was long and to her ankles. Her features were dusted lightly in foundation to hide some blemishes and scratches and burns. She saw her father staring at her and she smiled and looked down. Emily nearly tripped on the long red dress as she walked to find Tyler. Emily grumbled as she slid the flats off and carried them as her feet hardly touched the floor.
Roxanne walked in with a smug. She looked good and anybody with eyes could see that the Hades cabin leader was hot. She stood up a little straighter and lifted her chin up to the ceiling. She closed her eyes and stood there just waiting for a compliment on her silky dark green dress that really complimented her skin tone. The make-up on her eyes made her features a little more sharper and less tired looking. Roxanne had secretly worn Converse under the long dress. She knew she'd be dancing.
Nay slid in behind all the other well-dressed demigods. He thought he looked good, then he saw Vinny. His heart slowed. Wow, the kid looked good cleaned up. Nay looked down at his own Hollister black button down and his black dress pants and the black dress shoes. The pants had been tailored so he wouldn't have his boxers handing out all the time. The tie was pure white. Of course Nay slid down the pants just a little. Too high made him uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 6:32 pm

~AHHH, THIRD PERSON!

Gradually, 3 more people came. A girl with medium brown hair came in a beautiful silver dress with a purple ribbon. She had her hair curled and tied up in a bun with a silver tiara in it. "Uh. Hi." As she began to walk through the buffet line, she met some boy. He lived in the same cabin as her so she greeted him with a nervous smile and did a small little wave with her hand.

Almost directly after the girl in the silver dress came, a girl with a short, ripped black dress with a neon green ribbon came riding on a skateboard into the ballroom. All the people knew who that was. V Larson, Cabin leader nominee for the Zeus cabin. "Move it people!" She shouted, making her way to the fountain of chocolate, picking up her skateboard and getting a cup full of pure melted chocolate.

About 15 minutes later, a short girl came in wearing absolutely no dress at all. She wore jeans and a camp tee shirt. Her hair was long and brown and she had a nasty look on her face. She got a few stares from people, but she stepped on their feet and looked mad. Of course, you wouldn't blame her if you had a crush with a girlfriend who was apparantly 10 years older than you and you couldn't find a dress that was your size and you were stuck in a 6 year old body for the rest of eternity. "Just because I couldn't find a dress in my size doesn't mean you should pity me..."

Meredith "Mere" Miller | Genevieve "V" Larson
Daughter of Hebe (16)|Daughter of Zeus (15)

(Click HERE for charrie profiles)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colby

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 6:56 pm

It didn't take but a moment to spot her bother looking uncomfty. She laughed and Arizona looked confused, J.R pointed to her brother trying to fix his pants. The two 14 year old girls walked over there, and J.R tapped his sholder, "Hello dear brother" She said with a mocking tone. Arizona, being taller then J.R looked much older, but both girls were same age
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 8:38 pm

Nay looked down at Juliana. "Your looking...lovely." He said laying on the English charm, thick. He looked around for where the music was coming from. He zeroed in on the piano. His mother was playing. "Juliana, look, mum is on the piano." Nay said pointing to the piano. His mother didn't look up from the chords she was playing and Nay wondered if she even knew they were here. Probably not.
Grant looked around as he was shoved aside by that rude Zeus girl. Oh well, she wasn't worth the arguement, he thought. He looked at the door hoping Mere would be here. For a six year-old girl, she was adorable. Of course she was adorable. Grant saw her in a camp shirt and jeans. He briskly strode over to her and picked her and spun her around. "Hey kiddo." He set her down and crouched down. "I have a surprise for you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 9:21 pm

Just as I was about to spin around and commit suicide by jumping off a cloud, I heard Grant's voice mentioning something about a present. He spun me around and I hugged him, looking up at him while fixing my cute blue headband. "What about a suprise?" I giggle, quickly walking in circles around him to see if he's hiding anything behind his back. Either the present was invisible or he had no present because I didn't see any box!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 9:27 pm

"It's not something you can see, silly." Grant said while emitting a laugh. Grant looked over at his mother, Athena. She nodded at him while shaking hands with all his siblings. He picked his hat off his head and plunked it down onto Mere's head. "Come with me," He whispered grasping her tiny hand in his large calloused rough hand. He pulled her down a corridor in the palace and got down on one knee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 9:33 pm

I smiled as he took me to a small place, even if I had to run to match his big steps. I smiled and looked at him, my eyes aglow with delight. He bent down on a knee... Was he proposing? Or was he crazy? Either way, he was still my best friend. Some friends are simply insane, and those are the BEST kind of friends. "What are you going to do, propose to me?" I laugh, looking him in the eyes and my smiled fading into a relaxed, emotionless face.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 9:41 pm

"No silly." Grant said looking up at her with big, twinkling, gray eyes. "Mere, I really like you and was wondering, well, when your curse is over that is, if you would, maybe, like to, uhh...evergooutwithme?" Grant rushed out those last words. He looked her straight in the eyes when he said that. He knew that they were best friends, but he had actually fallen in love with a six year old. And it didn't feel creepy! Not in the least bit. But, even though they were best friends, best friends could like like each other right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 9:49 pm

"Yes yes yes! But... My curse can't be over unless somebody kisses me. I know, weird, right? I can't be the one who kisses, somebody else has to." I sigh deeply and hug him, staring at my black flats and looking out the window at the dark sky and stars. It was beautiful, a lot like love. Love was beautiful. It felt weird falling in love... Not the fact that I'm in love with a 14 year old, just the... Feeling. I can't describe it... It just felt right.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 10:04 pm

"Then I can break the curse." He said leaning over. Grant gently gently brushed a strand of hair from her face and smiled, "This'll feel really odd to me." He lifted her small, six-year old chin with his large hand and brushed her lips gently with his. Once. Then he closed his eyes and pressed his lips to hers twice for a real kiss. He thought about what would happen when he opened his eyes. Would she be transformed in the kiss? Would it happen after the kiss? Grant pulled back his head and smiled. He kept his eyes closed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 10:10 pm

I started glowing with happiness. Wait, he was kissing me? Weird... My small 6 year old body started to disappear, replacing it with a more mature 16 year old figure wearing a beautiful silver and gold dress. "You can open your eyes now." I spoke, my voice humming in the wind. My voice was... Deeper, how odd. I though that only happened to boys! "Weird, My voice is deeper." I laugh, talking now just to hear my voice again. "I never knew of love until now." I whispered, some slow dance song coming on.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 10:16 pm

Stephanie walked hesitantly into the ballroom. She had always hated dresses, but she tried to endure it for this occasion. She fiddled with the cloth. The dress was simple and black with a white sash across the waist. It flowed out, making it look beautiful if she were ever twirled in a dance. Her bright yellow heels clicked against the marble floor. She smiled widely, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. She had left it curly for the occasion so it cascaded in ringlets on her shoulders. She bit her lip, looking up in awe at the amazing building. Her gaze flickered over everyone a moment before she continued forward. The walk into the room was awkward...she was at the top of the elegant staircase and it felt like all eyes were on her even though they probably had better things to do. However, it made her nervous all the same.
Benny grinned widely as he locked gaze with his father. The hero was on an all time high, since he found out he was going to be named cabin leader. He wore a spiffy looking tux jacket with an aqua blue shirt, no tie and baggy jeans. Dressing up had never been his thing. His guitar was slung on his back, as it always was. His bright blue gaze flickered about the room when he saw his younger sister. He smiled, sauntering over proudly. "Hey sis, you see dad yet?" he asked Arizona.
'Gods this stuff is stupid...' Lizzi thought. She had been named Poseidon cabin leader for one reason or another. She only showed up because it'd look bad if she didn't. Her dress was an elegant shade of royal blue and it cascaded in ruffles down to the floor. She ran her fingers through her blonde hair before she sank down to a seat to wait for thus stupid event to be over.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 10:22 pm

Cracking open a gray eye just a bit, Grant got a view of a much more gorgeous Mere. "Wow," He breathed. "You look, knock-out gorgeous." He said in whisper. It was true. The gold really made her look amazing. I laughed when she said something about her voice, "You should've heard me when I hit puberty, it was a squeak and a crack ever few seconds. Well, that was acutally last year, but, you know what I mean!" I exclaimed. I felt great now. Not only had I gotten the girl of my dreams, but I had also gotten my first kiss. I noticed the song and held out my hand, "Would you care to dance?"
Nay bit his lip when he saw Steph stride up into the palace. He sucked in a large breath and sauntered over to her. He took her arm and glared at all the other guy demigods who were checking her out. "She's mine, hands off." He snapped. Nay leaned over and kissed her cheek, "You look more beautiful then Aphrodite tonight."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koala

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 10:26 pm

I smiled and took his hand, gracefully managing to walk in my silver high heels. I spotted Nay and I glared at him, gently letting go of Grant's hand and walking over to Nay, smacking him on the face. "That's for leaving me." I stomped on his foot. "And THAT'S for talking to me when you already had a girlfriend. " I laughed a bit and walked back over to Grant, who's face was an expression of delight and confuseness.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colby

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 10:35 pm

When Nay started laying on his accent heavily, J.R laughed, "It. just. sounds. so Funny!" She said laughing, Arizona, however seemed unfazed by it, finding his expression kinda cute but like a puppy cute that you wanted to hug. When a girl walked over to where they were Juliana looked at Arizona and at the same time, they walked over to Stephanie, "Hello, You must be Nay's girlfriend" Arizona said smiling like an angel, "Funny... your pretty." J.R finshed. The girls looked at Nay at the same time then laughed some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Music

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 10:36 pm

Being a cabin leader, I was practically forced to go. My black hair was curly, and in a ponytail. A white-and-black-Cheeta headband kept some hair back, but strands still fell. Red lipstick covered my lips, and a gloss layer over it. I had on black eyeliner and mascara, and a light shade of green eyeshadow, stopping around my eyebrow. My feet were uncomfortable in a pair of black, strappy heels. My dress... Ugh! I looked hotter than usual. My dress was a white one, and it stopped around my knees. A black bow went across my waist, and a rose tied it at the side. I felt... girly. It was horrible! "Uh..." I said to myself as I stared around the room.

'DJ' Howards Phoenix Lee Ethan Snow'McKay' Thorn
Dionysus
Tyche PoseidonErato
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 10:38 pm

Stephanie frowned, looking curiously at Nay. "What?" she asked in a slightly hurt and confused tone. Had he? She shook her head roughly. 'Don't jump to conclusions...it's probably nothing..' she thought in a slightly frantic tone. She sighed, gently touching his face were she had slapped him. "Only a wimpy girl slaps...strong ones punch," she said in a reassuring tone. She slowly led him to a chair and sat down beside him with a thoughtful look on her face. She tried not to think about what the girl had said, but she found it pretty difficult to do so. 'Had he done what she said he did? And while we were..' she thoughts trailed off as she forced herself to look at something else. "Hey look...your mom is on the piano," she said, trying desperately to keep her thoughts away from the subject. Stephanie turned her gaze to tge two younger girls an smiled. Thank Zeus, distractions. Slowly she nodded her head. "Yeah, I guess you could call me that," she said. She stuck out her hand. "Stephanie, Daughter of Psyche," she introduced.
Back to top Go down
Koala

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 10:42 pm

Sitting on a chair, I look around for Ethan, waiting for him. I missed him, too bad he couldn't come. Maybe I could talk to him on a phone? Smiling, I dialed his number only to find no response. "Ethan? You here?" I shouted, looking over the heads and watching the people stare at me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jules

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 10:44 pm

"Cursed heels..." Brie muttered under her breath as her right foot twisted slightly to the side. The stilettos she wore added another four inches to her already average height. This would take a lot of getting used to. Usually, she'd only wear sneakers in camp. You just couldn't train with heels on, can you? Brie flinched and hesitated a brief moment before pushing the doors open. Perhaps today would be the day she'd finally meet her father after years and years of longing to be introduced to him. "Where could you be?" Her voice was a whisper amongst all the music and animated chattering.

Well, the party seemed okay. There were obviously a lot of demigods and a few deities scattered around here and there. Some were indulging themselves into really, really appetizing food. Brie felt her stomach grumble. It was either she'd try to find Hermes or eat. The latter seemed quite nice since she'd missed a few meals and snacks to prepare for this event. Sighing, Brie flicked her dark curled hair to the side as she took her seat on one of the lush chairs. She crossed her legs and tried to look as pleased as possible. No point in looking uninterested.

Seraphine straightened her emerald green cocktail dress. She wasn't used to wearing tube dresses, much less ones with ruffles in the end. Letting out a long kept breath, she walked across the large room. Asclepius was nowhere in sight. In fact, only her goddess half sisters were here. They gave her a golden chain to further emphasize her outfit. Yes, she was grateful and all... but her father wasn't there.

She shuffled from foot to foot, trying to get used to her golden heels. The straps that circled till a little above her ankle went loose a few moments ago. Seraphine shut her eyes before quickly blinking them open again. This was going to be a long night. Her green eyes scanned the room for something to do. "Hmm,"

Last edited by Jules on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Colby

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 11:01 pm

Arizona turned to look at Benny when he asked if she'd seen her dad yet she nodded, "Yes, he's like right there" She pointed at the young blond man sitting looking bored not in the middle of the party. She ran her hand through her short blond layered hair, looking around her to make she no one was wacthing her, She was still very worried if someone would ask about a scar and think bad because she got hit in sword pratice or something you wouldn't think would worry a girl like Her, But it did. She shuffled her jacket some as her dad looked at them for a moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sat 04 Dec 2010, 11:42 pm

Taylor strolled into the ballroom with a sigh. He wad looking exceptionally sharp with his black, suit jacket, white shirt, gold tie, and black pants. His jacket was unbuttoned and the top two buttons of his shirt were undone to give him a more relaxed look. His dazzling eyes scanned the people. His mother was no where in sight. 'Figures they'd only have Olympians. He noticed a beautiful looking Seraphine and he gulped. He had found her lovely when they had met at the lake, but he was at a loss for words seeing her now. He fiddled and straightened his tie, wondering if she'd remember him at all. 'Probably not...and I couldn't blame her,' he thought with a small sigh. Mustering up the little bit of courage he had, he walked over awkwardly. "H-Hey Seraphine," he greeted, giving a quick wave.
Benny rolled his eyes, shoving his hands in his pockets. "No...I mean did you go to talk to him yet?" he asked, arching an eyebrow. He leaned against a nearby chair. "I'm just about to go over there if you'd like to come," he suggested with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Jules

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   Sun 05 Dec 2010, 12:04 am

"Oh! You're that guy with cool eyes I met the other day..." Seraphine was glad to have an excuse to not look bored. Except her voice came out muffled as she was chewing on her chain- a bad habit of hers. She dropped the chain and smiled. "How have you been? Definitely not down with a cold since you haven't gone to the infirmary." Her voice trailed off as she spotted a long table with assorted desserts. Cupcakes included. Seraphine licked her lips and walked, as if in a trance, towards the table. She looked around hesitantly before stealing a cupcake with a quick, fluid movement. Happily, she walked back with a huge grin plastered on her face. "Sorry? What were you saying? I got distracted..." Seraphine licked some icing off her finger. "I don't remember what we were talking about."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]   

Back to top Go down

The Winter Solstice Dance [open to all half-bloods]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next