Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate roleplay that gives you the chance to enter life as a half-blood, satyr, or dryad and train to fight monsters and defeat Kronus.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dean

I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares? Empty
PostSubject: I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?   I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares? EmptyMon 22 Nov 2010, 3:05 pm

After arriving at camp two years ago Emma had not left, it was her home now. She was training everyday with everyone including her other half, Jared.
They'd moved here from England when she was fourteen to go to the Camp as their mother had been instructed to do so by Lord Ares.

When Emma had been born in a city hospital near Sevenoaks about sixteen years ago she was born blind. This didn't help her find a place in school cliques even though she always looked gorgeous. Nowadays she mostly wore armour although on her it set her body of very well like it was made to only fit her, which it was. It was fashioned for her by her brother and an old friend, James N. Leon who had gone and was coming back in a few months.

Now Emma was once again training. It was hard to train against dummies as they made no sounds at all unlike real-life opponents. The had to rely on her strong sense of smell to catch a whiff of the straw.

Her eyes full of determination yet not seeing. Her golden hair pulled back in a tight ponytail to it stayed out of the way. Her fringe clipped back so her vision wouldn't be troubled. Even though she had none. She took out her swords, Jared and Ares and spun them around in her hand quickly before sniffing into the air.

She tensed and struck like a cobra giving over to her wild hunting instincts and Ares' gift to let her hit the target. She'd hit him right in the heart. To be sure of the death of the enemy one must always kill someone twice. This means if you decapitated someone you also stabbed the heart etc.

Carefully Emma stepped back and looked pretty pleased with herself as she tore out her ponytail and shook her great hair.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?   I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares? EmptyMon 22 Nov 2010, 4:17 pm

"Nice hair." I complimented looking up from my paper. It was a paper on the battle of Lexington and Concord for my History class. My dad was a History teacher and he always sent me papers on different wars and stuff.

SOmetimes it kind of annoyed me since I had other things to do. Like for instance, training. Learning how ot read Greek. Basics. I bit the end of my pencil in concentration. Why did General Gage know about the stock of arms at Lexington and Concord? Pfft. Who knew that? I didn't even have anything except a few books and some other papers to look at.

I couldn't wait until my dad gave me stuff on the Civil War; he said he'd tell me what hookers where. I smiled at the thought of my dad teaching me about hookers.

I turned my gaze back to the girl and let my eyes look her up and down. Not bad. I thought.
Back to top Go down
Dean

PostSubject: Re: I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?   I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares? EmptyMon 22 Nov 2010, 10:51 pm

Emma heard the rustling of paper and then a voice. She whipped around to face the stranger with her icy nearly white eyes.

She could see the boy but walked over to him in a straight line concentrating on sound, his breath, laugh, the rustling of the paper.
She twirled her swords and put them back into the holsters around her waist. Narrowing her eyes she placed her hands on her hips, "Who are you?" she snapped annoyed he'd disturbed her practising. She couldn't see what he was reading of course which annoyed her but by the sound of the paper it was a lot. Seriously alot. This meant he must've been an Athena kid. Wel, is an Athena kid.

She waited annoyed and with a cold gaze for his answer. Even though she was blind she could still express emotion through her eyes even if they were icy-blue because of her blindness. She shrugged back her hair when she felt is tickle her face and neck, she was very sensitive to touch and was also very ticklish, not a good combination.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?   I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares? EmptyTue 23 Nov 2010, 5:12 pm

"Sorry if I scared ya." I apologized rubbing the back of my neck nervously. The way here eyes bore into me. With that icy white gaze was unerving. Enough to make any guy squirm.
"I'm, uh, Grant. Grant Sling. My mom is Athena." I said. I looked at her again. Something about those eyes was terribley frightening. Ice white almost.
I looked back down at the papers in my lap. I set them aside on the bleachers. Unfortunately they slid off the bleachers and hit the ground. I cursed quietly. I didn't want to curse in front of a lady. It wasn't classy.
I slid down on my knees and started to pick them up slowly reading some of the ones in case I spotted a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Dean

PostSubject: Re: I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?   I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares? EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 7:55 am

Emma heard dropping of paper and cussing and raised an eyebrow trying to figure out what had happened. She felt quite helpless at these moments. However she was an amazing fighter so that made her a normal person right? Having flaws and perfections.

She stepped back slowly only to nearly trip over an obstacle. She swore and cussed loudly not caring it Grant was there, She still answered his sentence though, "I'm Emma," she said guarding and stowing away her emotions if he turned out to be an amazing guy.

God, she wished that Jared was here now, if something went wrong he'd tell her and they'd fight together becoming near to unbeatable. Of course, he wasn't here, probably making-out with some random girl. She sighed and concentrated on listening.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?   I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares? EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 12:06 pm

"Nice vocabulary, Emma." I said as a smile played across my face. I replayed the scene of Emma being all graceful with swords and stuff; then tripping over stuff. I burst out laughing. It wasn't my fault it was funny.
"Sorry." I said apologizing for my outburst. I finished picking up the papers and set them down. Again. But this time they didn't fall. I got up and walked over to Emma. When I was about a couple feet away from her, I put my hand out to shake.
Back to top Go down
Dean

PostSubject: Re: I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?   I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares? EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 10:40 pm

Emma felt the air quiver but didn't see what was happening and sighed about to give her biggest flaw away, "I'm blind, I can't see what you're doing you know," she snapped annoyed by his outburst. She flipped her hair back and jumped up quickly. Her eyes were still cold. She twirled her sword and held it out in front of him not to scare him, she meant it.

She listened carefully to any noise or sound he'd make, she heard him breathe, swallow, everything if you think about it really...

~Phail post...
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?   I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares? EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 12:16 pm

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you were blind." I said sadly looking down. She couldn't see. I couldn't imagine how that must feel. To not even be able to look at yourself in the mirror. To not even know what your own boyfriend looked like. "Do you have a boyfriend?" I asked out of curiousity. She was pretty enough to have a boyfriend, anyway. I wondered how she was so good at sword work. How it was possible that she could probably take me down in less than a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
Dean

PostSubject: Re: I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?   I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares? EmptySat 27 Nov 2010, 10:06 am

Emma was a little shocked by this question but shook her head suspiciously. She was very happy that she had been trained by her brother when he went to camp before she did to teach her after when he got home because he always knew how to teach her things others couldn't That's when she found a tutor who also was blind and new about every martial art in the world and had trained her in England for many many years until she moved out here and Jared en her went year-round instead of Jared going of in the summer. She learned everything without using her none existent sight. The ballot box for Cabin Leaders had gone up but she wasn't interested at all... She didn't like it much, plus she knew her brother would put her in like he always tried but since she had been 'camping' at the Arena she hadn't been able to stop him so she was probably in there.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?   I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares? EmptySat 27 Nov 2010, 5:25 pm

"Oh. Ok." I said quietly. I mumbled something inaudible under my breath about History. "So, favorite color? Favorite bands?" I liked to know stuff about people. What was so wrong about that? My mom was Athena. Apparently the goddess of battle wisdom. One of my favorite qutoes was, "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." I think it was from the Godfather II or something like that. Beats me. I'd have to look that one up.
Back to top Go down
Dean

PostSubject: Re: I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?   I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 2:04 am

Emma ignored him, she hated questions and being asked them. That's why she always failed school, she knew everything but refused to answer questions. Annoyed she flipped her hair back and glared at Grant. She wanted to know what he looked like but she couldn't go and let her hands slide over his body to shape him in her mind to know what he looks like. The only thing would be that she wouldn't know the colour of his hair and eyes. That was annoying, Jared always said the thing he loved most about a girl was the eyes. The deepness and the look in them
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?   I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 9:28 pm

Feeling her softs hand flit over my body made me shake with anticipation. "Er..." I didn't really know what else to say. It wasn't everyday that I got this from a pretty girl. I breathed in deeply. I didn't stand up taller or puff out my chest or anything. Mostly because I knew she would be able to feel that. And if she felt that she would probably know that I was trying to impress her. And failing. She was smart, I'd give her that. But I wondered how she would be able to see my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?   I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares? Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm not blind! Okay, so I am! Who cares?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half-Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: Sports :: The Arena-
Jump to: