Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate roleplay that gives you the chance to enter life as a half-blood, satyr, or dryad and train to fight monsters and defeat Kronus.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel
Admin
Angel

"The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] Empty
PostSubject: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyTue 23 Nov 2010, 11:24 pm

The cool, cloudy water of the Long Island Sound washed against the white sand of the beach in a soothing, rhythmic sound. Stephanie stepped tentatively onto the sand in her bare feet, however, Steph's feet were always bare. As the daughter of Psyche walked, she left a trail of small footprints that showed where she once had been. Steph glanced over her shoulder and grinned, an idea quickly popping into her, slightly insane, mind.
Stephanie cotinued walking, leaving footprints behind her, until she reached a tall tree. Stephanie stopped in her tracks and bent down, scribbling something in the sand before she hastily climbed into the tree. Glancing down at her handy work, she grinned happily. After her trail of footprits ceased, there was the phrase 'Look Up' ,written in fancy handwritting, in the sand. Stephanie positioned herself comfortably and glance in each direction. Her silvery-purple eyes gleamed at the thought of someone's astonished face when they follow her instructions and loft yheirbgazr upward to see her bare feet dangling and her wide, goofy grin looking down at them.
So, Steph waited, wondering who would come along.
Back to top Go down
https://camphalfblood2.forumotion.com
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyTue 23 Nov 2010, 11:40 pm

"Look up..." Confused I looked up. Ironically I saw a face of a pretty girl. Naturally I reacted and didn't think. Think=saying something nice, like hello. Being ADHD and reacting=screaming like a little girl at Cedar Point. "HOLY HADES GYM SHORTS!" I yelped jumping about a foot in the air.
I rested my hand on my chest and flipped my hair away from my face with a flick of my head. "Jeez, you gave me a fright." I shook my head and looked at the girl. Daughter of Hermes...maybe...anyway. I was so sure there was gonna be a monster above ready to attack. Which is why I screamed like a little girl. And probably embarrassed the snot outta myself in front of a pretty girl.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyTue 23 Nov 2010, 11:49 pm

Stephanie jumped from the tree, brushing her brown hair from her face. "Not exactly the reaction I had expected. But it was entertaining...I'll give you that," she said with a bell-like laugh. Quickly looking the boy over she reached out her hand. "Stephanie, Daughter of Pysche," she introduced, giving a friendly smile. Without waiting for his response, Steph jumped back up into the tree and hung upside down from the branch, using her strong legs to hold herself up. Pursing her lips, Steph turned to the boy and tilted her head in curiosity. "So...why did you scream anyway? I my face just that hideous? Or do my feet stink?" she asked with a crooked grin and a laugh. A breeze blew past, ruffling Stephanie's rich, wavy brown hair. Stephanie peered at the boy with her oddly colored eyes, waiting intently for his response.
ooc: Meh xP Fail Post!
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyTue 23 Nov 2010, 11:58 pm

"Nathaniel O'Neil. Son of Euterpe." I mumbled as my face flushed a scarlet red. I tilted my face away. It was bad enough that my family was nortorious for blushing. I didn't need to be known for it as well.
"I screamed because...well...I was assuming you were going to be ascarymonster." I rushed my words out in one sentence.
Gods, I was really making a fool of myself today. First I scream. Then I blush. Then I can't even look the pretty girl in the eye. "I...er..." I stuttered. Stupid, stupid, stupid, "I'm having a brain malfunction." I blurted. I hardly refrained myself from a facepalm.
~I brought Nay to CHB1. I love how the blushing runs in the family. I'LL BE ON IN AN HOUR OR SOO..xD
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 12:12 am

Stephanie tilted her head, listening intently to everything he said before speaking. "You look weird upside down," she said simply. Without waiting for his reply, Stephanie released her grip on the tree, landing with a thud on her back. She stood up, brushed the sand off of her clothes, and smiled. "So...you thought I was a monster? I think I'd rather have smelly feet," she pointed out.
Stephanie laughed, hearing his excuse for his slight awkwardness. "So...does your brain malfunction often? Or is it just me it doesn't like?" she asked, arching an eyebrow. Stephanie ran her fingers through her hair a moment before she pulled it up into a messy, side ponytail. Steph glanced Nathaniel over a moment, thinking to herself. She frowned a moment before she crossed her arms. "Do you have a nickname or something? Cause Nathaniel is way too long for my lazy self to say a lot," she pointed out, chuckling lightly as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 12:55 am

I laughed nervously and answered all her questions, "1. Yes I thought you were a monster and no your feet aren't that bad. 2. My brain only malfuntions every day. No it's not just you it doesn't like. 3. I have a nickname, call me Nay."
Then I realized what she said before. "Do I really look that funny?" I worriedly fixed my hair and then laughed. Nervously. Seriously, I was gonna have to pester my brother about talking to girls. I bet he didn't blush all the time.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 1:03 am

Stephanie nodded her head to each answer before she frowned, tilted her head and thought for a moment. Did he look odd upside down? She wasn't sure... To her, everyone looked odd upside down simply because they're upside down. Stephanie pursed her lips before she shook her head. "I'll just say random things at random times, you get use to it. But no...you don't look odd," she said, shaking her head. Stephanie yawned and stretched out her arms, taking a seat on the ground and bringing her knees to her chest with a sigh. "Besides...you could look like a frog and girls would probably still be attracted to you. It's the whole...accent thing. I, myself, prefer Australian accents or English ones," she explained in a slightly sleepy tone.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 1:09 am

Oh. Brilliant. "You know, at home, in England. All the American girls get all the guys. Not that I care but...English guys love girls with American accents. It's exactly the opposite over there then it is over here." I thought about that for a moment. Naw...it didn't sound too bad.
"How should I get used to you saying random things? What are you saying?" I asked as a more confident smile played across my lips. Alright, so the awkwardness didn't last a while. At least my confidence was coming back.
~Stephanie...that's a pretty nane...and you MODELED THIS CHARRIE AFTER YOURSELF. xD
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 8:19 am

Stephanie cocked her head curiously, obviously showng her confusion. "Why would they like American accents. They're all so....odd," she pointed out. Stephanie didn't have an accent. She was just from a small town in Arizona, nothing special. Stephane yawned, leaning back on her hands. "I'm sayning that it isn't just a coincidence you're here. The gods always have a reason. And I don't think that they brought you here for this to be our last encounter," she pointed out. Without waiting for a response, Stephanie flopped back onto the sand, giving a wide yawn and allowed her mind to wander. The demigod pursed her lips, slowly sitting up. Stephanie tried to push away her curiosity, but it was far too much to bare. 'Instead of intruding in his mind, why don't I just ask?' she thought.
Stephanie crossed her legs and gave Nay a serious expression. "What's your deepest desire?" she asked in a questioning tone.

ooc: I even left a clue as to what my full name is xD and yes, basically she's me....
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 11:46 am

~Prepare yourself child. This is something that happens to me.
"Errr..." I wasn't expecting that one. "Well...I guess I've al-" Suddenly a splitting pain shot through my head near the base of my skull. It was searing pain. Feeling like the elephants were stomping on my head, I dropped to my knees and cradled my head.
It felt like fireworks of pain exploded into my head. I made a sound that somewhere in between dying animal and terrified chipmunk. It felt like somebody was repeatedly smashing my brain with a frying-pan.
My arms started shaking, a tremor rocked through my body.
Then it was gone. It was all just gone. Only a sore, throbbing headache was left, "Bloody mother of the good lord..." I muttered.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 4:14 pm

Stephanie's eyes widened and she quickly scrambled over to Nay, kneeling down beside him with a deeply concerned expression. She placed her hand on his shoulder, her voice cracking as she spoke. "Nay? Nay what's the matter?" she asked rather frantically. Why would someone just...drop in pain? Stephanie studied Nay's posture as she waited for a response, trying to swallow her obvious worry. The pain seemed to be in his head, judging by the way he's holding the back of his skull. 'I could...no I hate doing that....but what if it's an emergency like this?' she thought. Stephanie continued to argue with herself about using her mind powers to peak into Nay's mind to see if she could see what was the matter until she heard him speak in a low, raspy voice. Her thoughts shattered and she turned to Nay, moving to the front of him. "Nay...." her voice trailed off and she frowned. "Do you like dogs?" she asked curiously. To her, this question made perfect sense. However,s he often found her thought process to be difficult for people to follow.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 4:22 pm

"Sorrry. I don't know why that happens. It just does." I said sitting up quickly nearing smashing my head into her. But I didn't. "I love dogs. Why do you ask?" I questioned seriously.
I reached into my Nike sack and pulled out a bottle of Niagra water and Advil. I placed the Advil on the back of my tounge and uncapped the water. I lifted it to my mouth and swallowed the water and the pill in one gulp.
I think I could get used to this girl.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 4:36 pm

Stephanie shrugged her ahoulders. "Don't know....just thought I'd ask," she said, giving a sigh of relief that he was alright. "That kind of thing happens to me a lot. My mind seems to work at a million miles an hour...so it's often hard for people to follow my thought process," she explained. Her silvery-purple gaze flickered to her bag and she pursed her lips. Quickly reaching inside, she pulled out a small looking mirror. However, as she held it in the palm of her hand, it grew to about the size of a bathroom mirror. Stephanie studied the mirror a moment before she looked at Nay. "This mirror...it will show you what you most desire. But it also shows you other things...if you let your mid go past the subject of want and desire, then it will show you exactly what you're thinking. You're greatest fear, your deepest secret, your greatest jealousy...anything. But don't let it fool you..the mirror can be helpful, but it's also dangerous. Most don't know what they really desire, they think they do but their mind plays tricks on them and they focus on one thing. This will show you what it really is..." she said, keeping the reflective side of the mirror towards her. Stephanie had tried it a thousand times, she can not see herself, or anything she wants or fears. She can simply see the deepest part of the mind of others.
Shifting her weight, Stephanie locked eyes with Nay. "You don't have to try it...I'm just curious," she added, shrugging her shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 4:46 pm

I stared at the mirror. To be honest, I was a little frightened myself. Ok maybe it would be a while before I got used to her. "So I just let my mind go blank?" I asked. I stepped in front of the mirror. I looked at my reflection.
~Ima go a litte Harry Potter here...
A better looking version of myself stood in front of me. My brother, Wesley, stood behind me. My mother stood to the right of me. I widened my eyes and turned around. I didn't see anybody else. I turned back around. The people in the mirror, Wesley and my mother were now standing there, only this time they were looking as if Freddy Crougar had got to them. I fell back and scuttled away from it. I blinked and my family was back. But normal...
"I think it was showing me that I want my family back. My father told me that my brother and mom had died in a terrible case of murder. It tore me apart. But Wesley visited once and that's when I left." I admitted letting tears stream down my cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 10:31 am

Stephanie watched the scene unfold. Quickly she shrank the mirror back down to its normal size and walked over to Nay. She had an obviously sympathetic look on her face and her eyes were filled with sadness. She rubbed Nay's shoulders, trying to comfort him. As she did so, her thoughts went a million miles an hour as she tried to think of something to say. A family...it was a simple thing to have that often got overlooked by those that did have one. She herself...she chose to leave. She chose to leave her father behind. But she had her reasons...
Stephanie frowned and abruptly rose to her feet. Giving Nay a grin and a hopeful look she spoke. "Come on...we're going to go get your family back." How? She wasn't sure...but for one reason or another she had to do this. She had to make things better. Without waiting for a response she grabbed her bag and started forward, walking with purpos and a determined expression.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 12:14 pm

I wiped my tears and sniffed. "Wait, how? My real mum is an immortal goddess. But the one you saw was the one who raised me. She herself was a demigod. I don't know where she is now. Wesley got married. I don't know where he is either. He said something about staying close to camp. But...my mum who raised me is still in England." I said. I looked at her with a questioning gaze. She sure was pretty when she was determined. I slung my sack over both shoulders and stopped. "Where are we going to get a ride to England? The flights here aren't so cheap, ya know." Obviously we had to plan this out a little more. And this was really just a decision of ADHD.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 1:04 pm

Stephanie stopped in her tracks with a large grin. "I've got an idea..." she said. Without waiting for a response she rushed forward, heading for the cabins. "Come on! I know where we can get a ride!" she exclaimed. 'Terrian better keep to his word...' she thought. Her silver eyes sparkled with pride at her idea. Stephanie paused a moment and looked at Nay. "I find it best to not think things through too much...then it loses some of its adventure...." she pointed out with a dazzling smile and an excited glow in her silvery purple gaze.
Stephanie then turned and continued forward, not stopping to wait for Nay since she assumed he'd follow. HEr heart was raising and her mind was working a million miles an hour. 'This better work...' she thought, clenching her jaw.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 3:31 pm

Oy...I thought racing after Stephanie. The girl had fast legs, I was a musician not a runner. For some reason she knew how to get there. "Won't we need a quest?" I asked catching up and breathing hard. That's when I noticed she had silvery purple eyes. Odd. She said she was a daughter of Physche...but purple eyes...wasn't that a trait of Dionysus? Oh well, it's not like that mattered. All that mattered was that I might have been getting my family back.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 4:02 pm

Stephanie stopped outside of the Hera cabin and grinned. "Quest? Nah...this is an adventure. Besides...I have something that will help us along the way.." she said with a grin. Stephanie rummaged through her things, pulling out a glowing, green pendant. It had the symbol of a dragon inside and it gave off a large array of colors as Stephanie held it in her hand.
A loud roar sounded outside and Stephanie grinned. "Come on..grab your things," she said as she quickly grabbed her bag filled with everything she'd need. She always had things like this packed and ready...you never know when you'll have to leave suddenly.
Stepping out into the courtyard, Stephanie could see their ride making his way to camp. The dragon was a light shade of blueish-green with elegant wings and a firm stare. The dragon let out an irritated growl and a puff of smoke. Stephanie clenched her fists. "You ow me, Terrian....you know you do. I saved you that day, remember?" she pointed out in a commanding voice. Terrian stood there, contemplating his response before he bent down, giving a complacent huff. Stephanie beamed and hoped onto Terrian's back. The dragon almost took off, but Stephanie held him back. "No no...it's not just me...you'll be carrying a friend too," she said. Terrian shot the demigod a glare and let out a ring of smoke from his nostrils. "Oh yes you will...you're carrying him too," she said. The dragon growled but obeyed, after all...dragons were pure hearted. They had to stay true to their word...
Stephanie looked over at Nay and smiled. "Well? Come on, we're going to England!" she exclaimed, patting the spot behind her on Terrian's back.

ooc:
Terrian:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 4:52 pm

"Lemme go grab some of my stuff." I said running into the Hera cabin. I made a mad dash to the bed and grabbed a bookbag out from underneath it. I grabbed a few drachmas and book of matches and a lighter. I also grabbed a few shirts and my deodorant. I needed that. No question. I also managed to grab an extra bottle of water and 100$ in mortal cash. I shut the light off and ran outside. I looked at Terrian. "Err...he's kinda big..." I muttered climbing on. I attached the clips of bag at my waist to ensure that it wouldn't fall off.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 5:05 pm

Stephanie turned to Nay with a goofy grin. "That's the point...wouldn't want a small dragon trying to carry us to England, that'd be counterproductive," she pointed out. The daughter of Psyche turned her gaze forward and smiled. "Alright...to England we go!" she called. Terrian gave a grunt and took off into the air. "Tally ho!" she exclaimed in a fake british accent. Terrian leveled out in the sky, making sure to fly high. Stephanie turned to Nay with a now serious expression. "Keep your guard up...we'll run into monsters along the way.." she warned. Suddenly, her mood changed from a serious one to a happy one. "So, which part of England did you live in?" she asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 5:10 pm

As soon as we took off I had my arms wrapped around Stephanie. Not too tight though. I just kinda had a fear of heights. I shut my eyes tight. As soon as the ride got smoother, I opened them up and looked down. Holy Hades Gym Shorts...I thought as a wave of nausea rolled through me. I shut my eyes again and said, "Cambridge."
~Post phail.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 11:15 pm

Stephanie patted Terrian's long neck with a smile. "Got that buddy? Cambridge, England," she said. Terrian let out a snort and gave a brisk nod of his head. He obviously wasn't happy to be carrying the two around, but he endured it. Stephanie smiled, released Nay'z grip from her waist and spun around to face him with their noses less than an inch apart. "So...favorite color? Birthday? Biggest dreams?" she said, tilting her head a bit. Without waiting for response and smiled, leaning back on her hands and staring up at the sky as it passed by. "My favorite color is teal...I was born on March 12, and I want to be an artist.." she explained.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyFri 26 Nov 2010, 12:24 am

Almost getting airsick, I re-wrapped my arms around Stephanie. "My favourite color is purple, I was born on July 24th and I want to be a musician." I said. I looked around and my eyes met at the center. So I closed them and put my head on her shoulder. Honestly, I did not understand how she wasn't getting sick. "HOW ARE YOU NOT SICK YET?!" I demanded. I muttered something incomprehensible about my incompetance when it came to flying. I wasn't even good in the air. And it added to the fact that my brother was attacked by a giant greek bird thing.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] EmptyFri 26 Nov 2010, 1:12 am

Stephanie smiled widely. "You want to be a musician? Cool. Guess it's a part of the whole "Son of Euterpe" thing. Everyone is always surprised when I tell them I can draw and paint and such...it's like they expect me to become a psychiatrist because of who my mother is..." she mumbled, pulling her knees to her chest. As Nay had a minor break down from flying, Stephanie smiled, gently patting his shoulder. "I'm...never really afraid. I mean, I'm not saying I don't have fears. But I'm not afraid of normal things like spiders, snakes or heights...none of that bothers me. I remember this one time when I was still living in Arizona I woke up in the morning and went to get dressed and I saw there was a scorpion on my pants. Rather than freaking out like any sane person would do, I opened my window and banged my pants against the side of the house," she said with a small laugh.
ooc: True story xD I was also almost killed by a rattle snake when I was three.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]   "The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e] Empty

Back to top Go down

"The eyes are the window to the soul" [p r i v a t e]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half-Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Beach-
Jump to: