Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate roleplay that gives you the chance to enter life as a half-blood, satyr, or dryad and train to fight monsters and defeat Kronus.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jules

Jules

Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 5:33 am

Twirling an overly blunt-tipped pencil, Ashleigh Trace sat by the banks of Euros Creek. Strong gusts of wind whipped at her back, sending shivers down her spine. Today was a rather odd day. Breakfast had exposed an awfully quiet side of camp that she, after all this time, never experienced. The noise of utensils clanging against the plate echoed throughout the Mess Hall, only occasionally accompanied by a murmur or two. Right after they diminished their food and offered some to the gods, a bunch of campers walked away in a rush; towards the direction of The Armory. Ashleigh had dismissed the vision when her eyes spotted the bustling crowd, but now it seemed to come back over and over again. Were they anxious for the war?

Originally, she had come here out of angst. Angst for finishing a small tactic she had devised a week back. Though, the moment Ashleigh arrived by the water's edge, the battle plan quickly dissipated within the depths of her mind. Now she sat on the ground, five meters away from the gushing waters; doing absolutely nothing but twirling a pencil absentmindedly in utter frustration. "I hate this."
Back to top Go down
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 8:40 am

After arriving at camp two years ago Emma had not left, it was her home now. She was training everyday with everyone including her other half, Jared.
They'd moved here from England when she was fourteen to go to the Camp as their mother had been instructed to do so by Lord Ares.

When Emma had been born in a city hospital near Sevenoaks about sixteen years ago she was born blind. This didn't help her find a place in school cliques even though she always looked gorgeous. Nowadays she mostly wore armour although on her it set her body of very well like it was made to only fit her, which it was. It was fashioned for her by her brother and an old friend, James N. Leon who had gone and was coming back in a few months.

For once she was not practising in the Arena. Slowly she walked onto the beach wearing some shorts and a shirt, she didn't wear things that would look 'hot' to other guys, especially if her brother, Jared came along. He was very protective of her.

Her eyes full of determination to not fall yet not seeing. Her golden hair pulled back in a tight ponytail to it stayed out of the way. Her fringe clipped back so her vision wouldn't be troubled. Even though she had none.

Emma pulled out her ponytail and shook out her long golden hair.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 9:13 am

Benny strolled along the edge of Euros creek, strumming happily at his guitar when a familiar cry burst through the silence. Benny turned, grinning widely as he saw his griffin companion soaring towards him. Lyon, the large, golden, mythical creature landed on top of Benny without a loud thud. "Ooaf!" Benny exclaimed, feeling the pressure of the large animal. "I think you need to lose some weight, bud. Been eating too many weasels?" the boy chimed. Lyon let out a squawk and nodded his feathery head.
Benny sat up slowly, wriggling from Lyon' grip and rising to his feet. He paused when he heard a voice he easily recognized. 'It's that Ashleigh girl.." he thought with a small smile. Quickly fixing his black hair, he grabbed his guitar and strolled towards the voice. Lyon tilted his head, but followed. Benny glanced behind him, seeing the confusion in his griffin. Benny laughed, bringing his guitar forward and playing the chords from one of his own songs. As the two walked forward, they both swung their heads to the music in unison and stepped in rythym.
Back to top Go down
https://camphalfblood2.forumotion.com
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 9:26 am

Music. A familiar melody was being played on a guitar not far off. Ashleigh started twirling the pencil to the rhythm of the song, obviously with nothing to do. She watched as the yellow pencil rotated in between her index and middle finger. A boring and hypnotic cycle. Letting out a strong huff of air, she stood and brushed off dirt from her faded jeans. "Well since there's absolutely nothing to do-" Ashleigh let the sentence hang loose in the air, unfinished and empty. She bit her lip and walked towards the sound of the guitar, noting that it was heading her direction as well.

"Who's there?" Ashleigh asked, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 9:46 am

"You make me go crazy,
You make my heart flutter, pitter, patter,
I'm lost without your laughter,
Yes you're the dream that has come true,
I'm in love with you,"

Benny happily sang along to his own song. His smooth, textured voice rang through the crisp air as he hummed and sang happily. He was so enveloped in singing, that he didn't even notice the voice that was calling to him. And Lyon was so happy about being with Benny that he didn't notice either. Benny plucked the string on his guitar and a wide grin stretches across his face. Benny and Lyon stopped walking to the rhythym of the song, spun around for effect then continued as though they hadn't done something so odd. There was an aura that radiated from these two, showing how strong and unbreakable their bond was.

ooc: Meh xP It's not a very good song...but oh well xD
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 10:01 am

Ashleigh watched as the unusual tandem turned and walked along to the beat of the music. She herself wanted to tap her feet and start dancing, but that would be embarrassing beyond words. Children of Athena aren't really the best dancers out there, they would rather read about dancing than actually dance.

"Nice song. I take it that's an original?" Ashleigh greeted both demigod and griffin with a nod and a small wave. The boy looked familiar...Benny, was it? And the griffin, she had only seen one in her dreams. So, obviously, she was quite fascinated when she saw the majestic creature. If her steely gray eyes could twinkle with wonder, they would be.

"So, what brings you here?" Obviously that question had to pop up. Being a rather anti-social individual, Ashleigh did not know how to start a conversation.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 10:17 am

Benny stopped, causing Lyon to run into him. The griffin gave the boy a confused look that seemed to ask....
Why'd you stop? I was on a roll,
Benny stumbled forward, landing with a dull thud. He shot Lyon a glare, but the griffin only let out a series of squawks that could be classified as laughter. Benny rolled his bright, fantastically colored blue eyes. "Oh hey. You're that Ashleigh girl. I remember you," he said with a crooked grin. Rising to his feet, Benny brushed himself off and smacked Lyon playfully upside the head. The griffin narrowed his golden eyes, unflurring his large, majestic wings to give a flap of displease before the creature folded its wings once again.
Benny rolled his eyes and nodded his head. "Yeah, it's an original," he said simply. Benny glanced around, swung his guitar to his back, and gave a shrug of his shoulders. "The quiet I guess. And it's a good place to play some music," he answered, giving a laugh. Lyon took a step forward, nudging Benny repeatedly in the arm with his beak.
"Alright, alright. I'll introduce you. Don't get your features all twisted.." he said. Lyon gave a huff in reply.
"This is Lyon, my griffin," Bemnt said simply. Lyon gave a graceful bow, which griffin often did. Benny rolled his eyes. "Oh stop trying to be fancy," he said. Lyon glared at Benny a moment before finishing his bow and rising up again.
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 10:33 am

“Pleasure to meet you, Lyon.” Ashleigh said as politely as possible. Something about facing a griffin terrified and fascinated her at the same time. In fact, she was about to stretch her hand out for a shake. But then, realizing the stupidity, the thought of doing anything of the sort disappeared. Wouldn’t want those claws raking at her skin, even if it’s unintentional. And you’d think she’d easily get used to this mythological world.

“Yes, the quiet is something rather unique this time around. I’m glad someone actually appreciates it.” This time, Ashleigh almost smiled at the thought that she wasn’t the only one who enjoyed silence. Almost smiled. “Silence is genuine. It gives me time to relax and settle my pace.” She added, quickly stashing her pencil deep within her pants’ side pocket. No use of that writing material now. “Sorry for the sudden intrusion, by the way.”

OOC: FAIL POST D8 I OWE YOU AN EXTRA GLAMOROUS POST.
Back to top Go down
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 10:42 am

No-one reacted to my Emma Sad
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 10:56 am

((Sorry Dean :[
I couldn't have Ashleigh walk from the creek all the way to the beach.
But don't worry, we'll find a way :] I promise))
Back to top Go down
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 11:04 am

She isn't on the beach?
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 4:52 pm

ooc: *shakes head* They're at Euros creek.
bic: Benny shrugged his shoulders with a smile. "I enjoy quiet...it's a time to relax. I never get that in my cabin...pretty loud in there," he explained. Seeing the obvious interest in the girl's eyes, Benny smiled. "You're welcome to come closer to Lyon...he doesn't mind," he said, patting the griffin's feathery head. People were always interested in Lyon...Benny had gotten used to being in the shadow of the griffin, so it no longer bothered him much.
Bringing his guitar back to the front of him, Benny strummed the strings quietly. Lyon, however, took a step towards Ashleigh, tilting his head curiously as he waited for her response. Lyon understood everything demigods said, he just couldn't talk back.

ooc: Here's a boring post as well xD Now we're even.
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 7:03 am

OOC: You guys go on without me :[ I'll be stressed for the next two days, thus unfortunately affecting my time here in CHB2
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 10:32 am

Aw Sad I'm sorry, Pink. Hope you're back soon.
Back to top Go down
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 10:38 am

I meant as in: Emma isn't on the beach xD
Back to top Go down
Jules

Jules

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 6:01 pm

Dean wrote:

For once she was not practising in the Arena. Slowly she walked onto the beach wearing some shorts and a shirt, she didn't wear things that would look 'hot' to other guys, especially if her brother, Jared came along. He was very protective of her.

OOC: She is =))
Back to top Go down
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] EmptySat 27 Nov 2010, 10:07 am

My bad xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]   Frustration On A Cold Day [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Frustration On A Cold Day [Open]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half-Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Lake :: Euros Creek-
Jump to: