Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literate roleplay that gives you the chance to enter life as a half-blood, satyr, or dryad and train to fight monsters and defeat Kronus.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas Caroling...in Shorts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Breezy

Breezy

Christmas Caroling...in Shorts Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 1:18 am

Roxanne paraded around half singing half screaming, Deck the Halls. Naturally she did not know the words so instead of the actual words she screamed, "Deck the House with balls of dollies, fa la la la la la la la la." Zan stopped for only a moment to think of the next set of words. She was shivering and quaking as shivers shot through her body. It was literally 10 degrees outside. She began dancing now. She stopped once she had an idea. Zan whispered a few hymms to Hades as a dead man rose from a fissure in the ground. Roxanne nodded and took the skeleton's hand and began parading aorund with it. She was sure it was a really wierd looking site. Not that she minded, of course. Naturally she didn't quite care what anyone else thought or said. She let out a long laugh as the wind whipped her long black hair around her face. It was literally dancing in the wind.
~Perfectly set up for mah sexy Bohemian.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 1:43 am

Benny strolled out of the Apollo cabin with the usual skip in his step. He brought his guitar to the front of him and grinned. Bringing his fingers to his lips, he let out a loud whistle. A large griffin with golden feathers landed in front of him, letting out a squawk. Benny walked over, patting Lyon's eagle-like head. "Ready for some rocked out, jazzified Christmas music, bud?" Benny asked with a wide grin. He hopped forward, lookig back at Lyon. He gave a nod and they both started walking in rythym, stepping from one side to the other as though they had rehersed it.
Benny began to strum the chords and rythyms to the song Winter Wonderland.
"Ooh, ooohh,
Sleigh bells are ringing,
Are ya listening,
In the lanes the snow,
It's glistening.
Yeah it's a beautiful sight,
Everyone's happy tonight,
Cause we're walking in a Wi-inter
Wonderland. "

Benny continued the song, making the tune to more of a modern, slightly jazzy beat. He spun on his heels and Lyon behind him did the same before they continued in a different direction. Benny spotted a girl he recognized. 'She's the Hades cabin leader. What's her name again?' he thought. He watched as her hair blew behind her and he let out a low whistle of approval. He stopped in his tracks, giving a flirty and dazzling smile in case she happened to glance over. Only seconds later, Lyon bumped into the back of him, sending Benny tumbling forward. The griffin hadn't noticed Benny had stopped walking aparently, because he gave the teen a confused look. Benny sat up, shooting the griffin a glare.
Back to top Go down
https://camphalfblood2.forumotion.com
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 1:58 am

Zan was too busy dancing and enjoying herself to here a boy approach. She did hear faint singing though and hummed along with it. She only assumed that the skeleton decided to not be such a humbug after all. Zan really wasn't watching where she was going at all when suddenly, her dog, Kevin an all white Husky sprang up and put his paws on her shoulders. She laughed danced around with Kevin for awhile. She listened to her feet hit the frozen dirt at a familar rate of speed. She quickly figured out the speed rate in her head. Yes she was a math nerd. She was also a dancer. Those were her only secrets. She wasn't really watching where she was going though and the skeleton dissapated when she crashed into a warm wall. She hit the ground with a thud, smacking her head against a rock, "Ouch." She touched her head and when she realized who she hit, her eyes went wide.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 2:06 am

ooc:....was it Lyon she ran into? xD (just checking)
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 2:11 am

~DUDE! I was waiting for something good! NO, it was a sexy guy! Gosh... xD
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 2:23 am

ooc: I'm sorry! You said "warm wall" so I assumed it was something large...and Benny isn't large, but Lyon is so...there's my reasoning.
"Ack!" Benny said as the girl ran into him. He gave her a smile, brushing himself off before he offered a hand to help her up. "Sorry about that. The idiot bird over there kept walking after I stopped and then you walked over and...I guess you know the rest," he said. Lyon let out an irritated caw and briefly unflurred his wings. Benny glanced over at tge griffin before his shining blue gaze returned to Roxanne. His irises were such a bright blue, they looked like the ocean. "I'm Benjamin Jones, but you can call me Benny and the squawker behind me is my griffin, Lyon," he explained. He brought his guitar forward and gently plucked at the strings. He tuned it a bit before he gave the chord a strum and gave a nod of satisfaction. "So, you're the Hades Cabin Leader, aren't you?" he asked in a curious tone. His fingers ran through his messy black hair in boredom.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 2:32 am

Zan rolled her eyes putting on the "act" again. She stood up without the guy's help. She knew it was really her own fault for hitting the ground. But whatever. She blamed him. Zan glanced over at Kevin who was now sniffing the griffin. Roxanne let out a shrill high pitched whislte. Kevin whimpered and obidiently sat beside Zan's leg. Her face was scowled now. He'd seen her dance. The thought hit her again as the "act" was suddenly gone. She cursed silently. God, this boy could talk. "Your eyes are bright." She noted as she watched him run his fingers through his hair. Nice hair. She'd give him that.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 5:33 pm

Benny chuckled, rocking back on his heels a bit. He brought his guitar forward, strumming lightly at the strings. "You're a pretty good dancer, by the way," he said with a smile. His gaze flickered over to Lyon, who was slowly padding over to Kevin and poking him with his large, orange beak. The griffin let out a squawk and gave a flap of his wings. Benny shook his head, adjusting his head band out of boredom. He laughed at the griffin's obvious intrgue in the dog. The creature had never really been around normal animals. Benny looked up, pausing his guitar playing and tilting his head. "So...why the sudden harshness anyway?" he asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 5:48 pm

Zan stared up him. She shivered again. Gods, it was really freakishly cold out here. She needed to stop dancing barely clothed in the middle of winter. She had to sit on the edge of the fountain as a tremor rocked through her and her teeth chattered loudly. "Why not?" She answered simply. She looked down at the water admiring her reflection in the mirror. Long black hair. Intelligent colbalt blue eyes. They were lined with a light black and a sweep of mascara. Not much considering it was seven at night. Usually it would have rubbed off by now. Zan glanced over at the griffin and Kevin. Then back at Benny. She let her gaze drop to the ground before smiling subtley.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 8:02 pm

Benny studied Zan a moment before he turned back to his guitar. "Stupid cold..." he muttered after he noticed her shivering. He took a step towards her to use the large amount of body heat he had to try and warm her up a bit. Two years ago, he had been given the ability of extreme body heat by Hephaestus so he was able to enter into a frozen cavern for a quest without freezing to death. And ever since, he has always been warm. He then started strumming the silver strings of the instrument in his hands, humming along tot he rhythm of the tune. It was one he had made up himself and there were words to it, he just didn't even like to sing his own songs in front of people.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 8:07 pm

Dang, he was warm. It almost made Zan wish she could reach out to Benny and hug him forever. She shivered again, this time not from the cold. Zan opened her mouth to say something sarcastic but decided against it. Being mean was no way to be nice to boys. Unless you teased them with a smile on your face. Tease. Not Rude. Instead Zan reached out and touched his shoulder. She instantly could see him dying an old happy man. Aww...at least he wasn't screwed like some kids around here. She thought as she made a face. She could see death with one touch. Frankly it creeped her out and made her sleepy. Zan hardly spoke but when she did it was either sarcastic or intelligent. "Damn boy, your hot." She smiled making a pun.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 1:34 pm

Benny grinned widely. "Why, thank you," he said with a strum of his guitar. Lyon gave an amused series of squawks that could be classified as a laugh. Benny pursed his lips and shot the griffin a glare. He then turned back to tge girl. "It's a funny story about how I gained tge while body temperature thing, actually," he said. He opened his mouth to speak, before he shut it again with a shrug of his shoulders. "Actually...now that I think about it, it really isn't that funny of a story," he said with a small chuckle. He then turned back to his guitar, once again boredly strumming at the strings in soothing tune that he had written himself. It was his favorite song of his, except it wasn't conpletely his. The chorus was the rhythm to a lullaby that his mother used to sing to him when he was a baby. He sighed, letting his hands drop to his sides. He hated thinking about his mom...it always tore him up a bit inside.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 1:54 pm

"So pretty." Zan complimented touching the neck of the guitar. She ran her fingers over the glossy wood. Beautiful...she thought admiring the wood. "I used to play...but I could never write. Not creative enough." She tipped her head back to catch some spray from the water fountain. Zan glanced at the griffin. She gave it a look that said, 'Do that again and I will hogtie you to a tree.' "So is the song of couse...I think...my mom used to sing that to me as a baby." She explained slowly and unsurity in her tone. She didn't quite remember her mother. Zan knew she was a beautiful Cherokee princess back on the reservation but...then Zan had to leave for Uncle's. She closed her eyes and hummed the tune a bit. "I remember the words...but they're in Cherokee." She struggled to recall some of the words. But most of them we're in her memory.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 9:58 pm

Benny thought about his mother. A beautiful, black haired woman with pale skin, deep brown eyes, and a voice that sounded like an angel. But the woman made horrible choices, especially in men. His fater was a good choice, but he knew why she couldn't stay with him... Benny paused for a moment before he looked over at Roxanne with a small smile. "She sounds great," he said with a slightly sad tone. Lyon let out a sad chirp, gently nudging Benny's arm with his golden beak. Benny simply shook his head. "No. It's fine, Lyon. I'm fine," he said. Lyon tilted his head with a skeptical look. "Really, I'm okay," Benny said defensively, holding his hands up in mock defeat. He turned back to Roxanne. "Your mom sounds great.." he said, soon realizing that he had already said that. He rubbed his temples, shaking his hair out a bit.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 10:08 pm

"She's dead." Zan said simply looking at Benny. "I saw her once in Elysia...it was beautiful. Even dad had offered to give her a room in the royal palace. But she didn't want to seem special. I think she died from..." Zan closed her eyes and steadied herself on the fountain's edge while she let her mind slip into deep memory-ville. What had her mother died from? Oh wait, that's right! It clicked with Zan instantly, "She was shot. Straight through the heart. An instant death. Gods, I was so torn when she died...but then I got to realize that I was a daughter of Hades. So I went back and found her murderer on my own. I killed him." Zan admitted while tears slipped down her cheek. Why was she saying this? She had no idea. This is was the first person she had ever told about any of it. She felt so calm and serene with Benny. Zan put her head down on Benny's shoulder, "I didn't feel an ounce of remorse either."
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 10:16 pm

Benny listened intently with a serious expression as she spoke. He watched the tear roll down her cheek and he gently brushed it away. He studied her a moment, letting silence fill the air before he sighed. "My mother died too..." he said, looking away. Benny clenched his fists, feeling as his jaw tightened. "She was beaten to death...by one of her boyfriends. I got home and..." his voice trailed away as he roughly shook his head. "I wish I had killed him...but I didn't know who I was and I'm not very strong now, let alone back then. Thankfully, he received the death penalty. So he's on death row, which is a satisfying. But it doesn't seem like ti should be enough..." he looked over at her. "It seems like killing them isn't enough. It's like you have to torture them enough to make them wish for death...to make them plead to die and then not give it to them. And keep them alive just to piss them off," he spat. Benny shook his head again, rubbing his eyes. "Sorry...I'm a little sensitive on that topic," he explained with a sad sigh.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 10:28 pm

Zan felt a little better when he admitted that he wished he had tortured him. "That's kinda what I did...I won't tell you exactly what I did...but let's just say I made that women dance for me." Zan laughed a sardonic sad laugh that choked into a rough sob as she shivered once more and lay her head back down on Benny's shoulder probably soaking his shirt. All the things she hadn't allowed herself to cry about earlier in life now came flooding out onto Benny's shirt. Zan didn't even cry at her mother's funeral. Mostly because she knew she'd have her vengeance. It was a terrible thing to be plauged with the fatal flaw of grudge holding...mostly because Zan had been asked to speak the Eulogy. Zan spoke it. She spoke it good. Zan almost started laughing through her choking sobs when she remembered the words she spoke.
"My mother was loved by all y'all. I know that for sure. I know she was the cheif's daughter and uh...that most of you were jealous as children. Don't deny it. You know it's true, you were all jealous of her beauty. Grace. Intelligence. Even I was. Yeah...I know its strange...but we're a strange bunch of people. That's why they call us family. The definition of family is: A group of people related by blood or ancestry or marriage. Our definition is: group of people that love each other and will be there for each other when worse comes to worse and one of us decides to kill their mother's murderer, family would cover for the murder commited by another family member. That's my family. I know if I killed someone, y'all would keep quiet even through physical torture from them FBI people."
That had been the longest speech Zan had ever given without stuttering over or slippin up on her English because of her dyslexia. Zan had been quiet for three months after that.

Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 10:43 pm

Benny sighed, gently stroking Roxanne's hair. His mother had always done that when he was sad, and it always made him feel better. "I know your pain...I may not known every bit of it, but I understand the general feeling," he said with a frown. Lyon walked over with a click of his talons on the cobblestone. He gently nudged both Roxanne and Benny. Benny smiled, patting the griffin's head. "Thanks bud.." he said simply. Benny then turned to Roxanne. He wasn't really worried about the tears, most of them evaporated due to his high temperature. He wiped a bit of tears from her cheek. "Feel free to cry," he said simply with a weak smile.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptyWed 22 Dec 2010, 2:09 am

Zan straightened up instantly and wiped her tears. Great...now she just looked like one of those hopeless teenage cutters with a bad attitude. The attitude part was right on the money. Zan wasn't a cutter though. "Benny, do you ever wish you could see your mother again?" Zan asked looking at him. In his eyes. Directly into his eyes. Into his soul. There'a a saying that goes, "The eyes are the windows to the soul," That's what Zan immdiately saw in Benny's eyes. She touched his face gently with her hand and could instantly understand every feeling he thought about death. "Alright Benny. I know for a fact that you want to see your mother again. So...let's go to the Underworld and see her." Zan exclaimed throwing her hands up for emphasis. Kevin woofed, and then started to grow. Yep...Kevin was her ticket to the Underworld. Always...see Kevin was a mini-hellhound. He was still a puppy though. Kevin was now as big as a bloodhound. Now a small deer. That's when he stopped. Kevin had this...barrel like thing around his neck. Kind of like a St. Bernard. But Kevin was better. He had a cooler name.

Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 11:07 am

Benny peered at her curiously. "Go to the Underworld? But how are we-" he was cut off mid-sentence as Kevin grew in size. Benny jumped back in alarm and Lyon gave a loud, threatening squawk. The griffin hated monsters. Benny wheeled around, instantly grabbing Lyon by his collar. "Calm down...calm," he said in a steady, relaxed yet commanding voice. Lyon was breathing heavily, but the griffin calmed down enough. Benny turned back to Roxanne. He studied Kevin a moment, then his bright and shining blue eyes landed on Zan. He stared into her eyes a moment before he gave a single, determined nod. A wide grin stretched across his face. "I'm in," he said simply.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 3:18 am

Zan instantly threw her arms around his neck and whispered something inaudible. "But I have to warn you...since your a son of Apollo you might not be a big fan of the underworld. Seeing as how you're a happy-butt dude and I'm like the death queen." Zan snorted. Death-queen. She removed her arms from his neck and realized that she couldn't go into the Underworld dressed like this. Short shorts and a tank top. Nope...she'd need something much more sturdier. Like a leather jacket perhaps. She sighed and sprinted off to change hoping Benny would get the message. She was in the dark cabin of Hades before she knew it. Wow, she was a fast runner after all. She stripped off her skimpy clothes and looked for something a bit more...practical.
~ http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24191941
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010, 2:45 am

Benny pursed his lips. "I can be...death king-ish," he said. He quickly rushed to his cabin and threw on a leather jacket, a pair of sunglasses, and pulled his hair over his face. "See? Death-king-ish. Too bad I can't see a thing," he said. As if on cue, Benny tumbled down the stairs of his cabin and into the courtyard with a thud. There was silence for a moment before Lyon squawked repeatedly in a light-hearted manner. This was as close to a laugh a griffin could get, after all. Benny shot Lyon a glare before he rose to his feet. He grabbed grabbed the edge of his leather jacket and frowned. He fixed his hair and placed his sunglasses on top of his head. "I feel like a wanna-be Ares or something..." he said with a slightly disgusted look. Bennny then gave a sheepish grin. "Not my thing?" he asked in a questioning tone.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptyThu 30 Dec 2010, 1:06 pm

"Not at all." Zan said with a snort. She nodded her head pulling on the clothes as she stumbled out of her own cabin, pulling on her tight jeans. She caught her toe in one of the holes and tripped. "Gah!" She said to the ground. She rolled up the sleeves of her t-shirt. "Let's go." She announced flinging herself, very gymnastically up onto Kevin's back. She grabbed the reins on his back that appeared out of nowhere. They were made from dead elephant leather. She grinned and patted the spot behind her. "Come on and be sure to hold on tight."
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptySun 02 Jan 2011, 3:12 am

Bennt removed the leather jacket so he was simply wearing his blue and yellow plaid shirt along with a pair of jeans. He studied Roxanne a moment, watching as she somehow managed to get all the way up onto Kevin's back so easily. He tucked his leather jacket in his bag of things and slung it over his back. He slowly and warily climbed onto the hellhound's back, grabbing clumps of fur as he clumsily made his way up. He sat down behind Roxanne with a sigh of relief. "You should start carrying around a step ladder," he suggested, wrapping his arms around her waist as he was instructed to hold on tight. He glanced over at Lyon, patting the griffin's beak. "I'll call you if I need you," he said with a reassuring smile. Lyon gave a squawk and flew away, without waiting for another word. Benny watched as he flew away before he craned his neck to try and look at Roxanne, which was difficult since he was behind her. "Let's go," he said with a determined nod.
Back to top Go down
Breezy

Breezy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts EmptySun 02 Jan 2011, 3:36 am

"It'll get bumpy." Roxanne said turning her own head forward. She snapped the reins and Kevin took off with a happy woof. Suddenly the world melted away and the two were engulfed in shadows and dim lighting. As if someone had been too lazy to pay the electric bill and they'd been stuck without lights. Kevin gave a happy howl as Roxanne's hair whipped into Benny's face. She grinned as random shadow creatures flew by. Traveling in the shadows often took alot more time than flying but it was worth it. It also got colder as the trio ventured deeper within the bowels of the Earth. Roxanne could literally feel the temperature dropping as they made their way to the Underworld. Suddenly the shadows were gone. They were replaced by a brightly lit lobby. "Dammit." Roxanne cursed as several spirits in the lobby groaned. An old lady was grinning rather happily as she and a few others were herded into the elevator. The elevator closed with a ding. Roxanne groaned again. Charon looked up from the front desk.
~Do I have permission to play Charon? I play the sardonics/sarcastic ones well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Caroling...in Shorts   Christmas Caroling...in Shorts Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Caroling...in Shorts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half-Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Cabins :: Cabin Courtyard-
Jump to: